chapter 9

3rd pov

"A murderer? It wasn't even my fault!" Gon shouted back, turning to face Aunt Mito in hopes of her defending him. She just gave a soft, 'apologetic' smile. It was obvious that she and Ging planned this.

"Gon, I know this is so sudden but.."

"But what? Why is he here?! He was supposed to be here by Friday, not today! I still have things I need to pack and I don't even have a place to stay yet!" The bruised teen wanted to keep shouting, spilling everything that had been piling up inside his head but knew Aunt Mito wouldn't like it. She hates yelling and she probably hates this whole interaction.

"Why? You knew I was gonna show up, you should've been ready by now." Ging intervenes, crossing his arms and sending a glare towards his son.

"I wasn't asking you! You knew yourself that you were supposed to show up Friday so why are you here now?!"

"And look at you. You're a mess. You've got blood on your face, your clothes are wrinkled and you're talking back? I never expected my son to act like this." Ging scoffed, clearly upset over, again, something that wasn't Gon's fault. Gon wanted to punch him so bad, but that would be proving his point in him being a terrible son. 'Son..'

"Don't come at me with that "my son" bullshit! You were never there for me, you don't just get to talk in and act like father of the year!" Gon screamed back, blood boiling from everything he's saying. The boy stormed past Ging, shoving him in the process and running up to his room to collect anything before he had to suddenly leave. There was a box next to his suitcase, labeled and taped up. Any wall decorations like posters or pictures were gone, probably in the labeled box, looks like any jackets were in the same box.

A few minutes passed by of just Gon sitting in his room and Mito and Ging arguing before Mito came up to Gon's room, softly knocking on the door before coming in.

"Hey.. so.. I'm so sorry he showed up this early. I should've told you before you got home. I could have found a way to avoid this whole thing."

Gon's pov

I honestly didn't want to respond to that, But i knew if I didn't aunt Mito would get anxious. So I decided to put my thoughts together to form something to say, "it's whatever.."

I step out of what once was my room. "Will you be driving me to the motel? It's just 45 minutes?" She looks around looking for the right words to say.

"No, sorry, hun but-" Her voice gets cut off by the man in the living room shouting for aunt Mitos presence.

"Okay, I'll find a way to get there, don't worry about it. Seems you're busy." I sigh, pulling out my phone scrolling through direct messages on HunterxChat I stop at killua's. 'God why is he popping up so much, like ever since I met him I've been running into him in the weirdest situations.' I open the chat and decide to press the call button.

'C'mon pick up....' I lifted my foot up to lean in against the wall I was on. The ringtone stops. "Wha-" killua starts as i instantly cut him off. "Oh thank GOD you picked up, Okay so I was wondering if you had any way for me to get to this motel, it's about 45 minutes away, kinda far I know, but-" I start off speaking faster than Killua could probably process but he stops me before confusing him even further.

"Woah, woah, okay what? You make no sense...can you please explain..?" I notice how his voice sounds stressed and already not in a good mood, best to avoid making it worse.

"Can..." I bite my lip. "I'll explain another time? Okay? I just need a way to get to a motel. Like, right now." I say in a serious tone, hinting that this is important.