chapter 10

3rd person POV: 

“Yeah, look at how nice this room looks though! Definitely not as good as Aunt Mito’s house but it'll do fine!” Gon shouts currently on facetime with a certain white haired boy.
“That's good you like it, but how long are you staying there you say?” Gon thinks over the agreement with Aunt Mito for his response.
“About a month but after that month I'll need to find an apartment to stay in, right now I don't really have that kinda money..” Gon's eyes trail off to the side and Killua nods his head in understandment. 
“Hey, would you mind if I were to visit, maybe for dinner or something?” Killua says.
“Sure uhm...what's the reason?” Gon asks.
“My family is coming over and I want to tell them I'm busy, and if they don't believe me and come to my house they could easily see I'm lying once they notice I'm in the house.”
“Oh yeah sure! So just you and Alluka right?”
“Uhm...I hope it isn't much, but no, there's me, alluka, and my little brother kalluto.”
“Ahh okay, it should be fine and if you want I could babysit Alluka and Kalluto while you go next door to talk to Leorio!” 
“No, that won't be necessary.” Killua  responds.  

“Alright, I got to get ready for work. I'll call you later to come by.” 
“Thanks.”
“No problem, bye.”
“Bye.” 
Gon hangs up the phone, gently setting it down on the small round dining table next to him then turning himself to look at the bathroom door he started to think. ‘I might have time to take a shower before I go to work, my job is about 45 minutes away which means I need to give myself more time to get there.’

Stepping out of the shower, Gon checked his phone for the time. ‘4:27! How is it already so late?’ Rushing to put his clothes on and get ready, Gon was able to get out of his room door in 7 minutes. ‘Great, now I only have 26 minutes to get to work, and I’m gonna have to walk!’ Heading off in the direction of his job Gon started to walk as fast as possible to avoid being late. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Rushing through the doors of the coffee shop, Gon saw Hisoka standing at the counter when he arrived. ‘I’m in trouble, aren’t I?’ I looked at the clock that was hanging from the far wall of the coffee shop over a table. ‘5:39 pm. No wonder he’s mad I’m forty minutes late.’ Hisoka continued to stare at Gon with his hips pressed into the side of the counter leaning his body against it. 
“Sorry I’m late!” I huff out, running to clock myself in at the computer.
     “Reason?” Hisoka looks at Gon with a curious look in his eyes. 
“Uhm..” Gon fidgets with his hands and looks at them.
“I moved farther...away...about 45 minutes to be specific, sir, and I don’t own a car so I had no faster way of getting here than to walk-”
“Ah, yes, I see… Maybe I can arrange something.” The cafe door opens, interrupting Hisoka's suggestion, Gon faces the direction of the doors coming to eye contact with the blonde-haired female who had just stepped foot inside the cafe.
“Oh-! Hey Retz!” Gon smiles, waving to Retz.
“Oh hello Gon!” She says as a reply to the cashier.
“Give me a moment, I was just talking to-” Gon turns around to face Hisoka, but just sees the space he was in empty.
“Huh… He was here a moment ago..”
“Haha, oh, well, I just heard a bit of your conversation- well you're a bit loud-” Retz begins taking a seat at a table next to a window.
“And well… I figured I could maybe drive you to your job and school? Y'know make your life easier to get around and stuff?” 
“REALLY? Oh, sorry! I mean, thank you very much, Retz, but i'm seriously okay. I can walk, it'll be a good workout anyw-”
“No, no, Gon, it's okay! I insist!” Retz smiles in reassurance.
 “Well.. If you say so, i'll text you my schedule and what not.”
“Great! Now may I have your number so I can keep you in contact?” 
“Oh! Of course!” Gon quickly pulls out his phone and rushes to Retz to hand it to her. Retz pushes the buttons on the small screen and gon waits looking around.
“Alright, that should do it!”
“Thanks, again!” Gon scratches the back of his neck.
“Really, Gon, it's no big deal!” 
They both look at each other in silence, moments later Gon remembers he has a job to be doing.
“What would you like?-”
“Oh- I forgot… Uhm i'll take water and a cake pop, thanks!”
“Alright.” Gon opens his hand in front of Retz asking for the money owed to give her the order requested. 
“Oki doki then, I’ll get your order right away!” Gon heads off to get the order ready.