high rise invasion

Wow, it's been a while since I've updated this, sorry for anyone that wants regular anime suggestions and ratings.

Now, with this show, there is a few things I would like to say.

Gay couple. ----------------------------->   Now, for any dude bros that love to say that gayness does not even exist in amine or manga, take a look at this show. The main character Yuri Honjo is scared (for most of the show) by what most people believe to be the most attractive man in the whole show!! (sniper mask) She is also shown to have deep affection for Mayu, also known as Mayuko, who is indeed a woman. Another good thing, is that Mayu and Yuri are age appropriate for each other, both of them being in school, so that is amazing. There are shown to hold hands in the last episode and Mayu clearly has romantic thoughts about Yuri she isn't displayed to have about anyone else really. If I wanted to, I could go back and quote some of the things she has thought/said. although I did watch in dub, so it obviously wont be exactly the same as in sub. Thank god that this is one of the few anime in which they don't make couples look like sibling/siblings look like couples, cause its just plain weird. I didn't expect a Netflix original to be this good, but it turned out great!

misogyny. -----------------------------------> I did not want to have to include this in some of the things I didn't like in the show, but here we are. I know you might be reading this like 'but you just said it had a lesbian couple in it! And the main character was a strong independent girl!' and although that is true, this show isn't scot free of the sexualisation and objectification of women. One of the female masks (one with pink hair that covers one eye) is the main worker for the main antagonist (which in itself is fine) but he also uses her to smush his face in between her tits. He claimed it relaxed him a lot, and her outfit, along with so many other women's out fits were unnecessarily revealing for what they were supposed to be. Like the maid mask near the start for example. if you search for the proper maid uniform, it would not of looked so revealing and sexual as it did. and although showing skin is fine, the writers would add seriously unnecessary revealing clothing and also showed the underage main characters panties and underwear multiple times. The main character gets undressed unconsensually by a police officer that was planning to rape her near the start of the show! Yet again, completely unnecessary! if they wanted to introduce sniper mask by killing someone that was attacking Yuri, did they seriously had to have Yuri sexually assaulted?? Another thing that isn't to do with the sexualisation of the women in the show, is the sexualisation of the men. they wear skin tight clothing or barely any at all, except for the more slim/overweight characters. those men do not get sexualised nearly as much as the muscular men in the show do.

plot. -----------------------------------------> The plot was mostly amazing, and I enjoyed most of watching the show, but there were parts of the show that confused me, and it was hard to keep up when within only 12 episodes of the show, the plot and different characters abilities/backstories/status in the realm were changing constantly. But in some cases I do enjoy a challenge, but not everyone does. But yet again, I do regularly have problems with focusing and understanding, so this could just be me.

sniper mask. --------------------------------------> This isn't to do with the show and how i rate it, but this goes out to all my fan girls and boys that started watching high rise invasion for the sexy sniper mask cosplayers on tiktok. Now, to start off, i think we can all agree that sniper mask is a decent character, but the people on tik tok mostly see him as a piece of meat, and over sexualize the shit out of him. He is more than just a handsome man with a sniper you want to be railed by! He has a good personality and an even better back story, and i personally don't understand why you want to have sex with him so much when he is having an identity freak out for most of the show. I mean, for gods sake, the guy that cosplayed him didn't even draw the crack on the mask after AGES of cosplaying him, showing that they didn't know half of the plot, and they were just posing to get the attention of people that want to see sniper mask in the position between his legs so damn much. It's honestly gross, and simping is fine, but (even though i hate to be that person) i feel bad for sniper mask because his character is over looked so much for his looks or his sexiness. Simp for him all you damn want to, but just please don't be the kind of person that views him as nothing more than some sort of sex god when he doesn't even remember his damn name, thank you very much.

All in all, i rate the show 9/10! I do reccomend this show to anyone that enjoys gore, but trigger warning, it has mass genocide and suicide and all sorts of (potentially) triggering things. Please stay safe whilst/if you watch this show.

(Btw, feel free to correct any mistakes, I'm a bit rusty with my computer typing skills and i'm too lazy to go through and correct any spelling/grammar issues.)