Chapter 8

Ashley's pov:

Harry and another guy jumped into the trunk of the truck with his gun in his hand. Emily screamed to the top of her lungs. Soda and Dally stood up, blades at hand. "Get off the car, man," Dally said. "Make me," Harry said and shot at me. I screamed and started trembling in fear. "Ashley!" Soda shouted and knelt next to me. "I'm okay he missed me," I said. "Get off the car," Steve said. Suddenly, Harry grabbed Emily and put the gun to her head. "Tell me where Elizabeth is or I shoot her," he said. "Ponyboy!" Emily said while crying. "She's at the movies!" I lied. "Wait I thought she was at the mall," Maddy said. Ohmygod, I swear I'm gonna kill this bitch. "Why'd ya lie?" Harry asked me. "I thought she said she was going to the movies after this," I lied. I got up and kicked them off the car and onto the road. The other car stopped and got them and we sped up. "We gotta get in the house," Steve said. "But they know what the car looks like so they'll charge in and kill us," Emmy replied. "We can park the car and go to Buck's house. We can hide in the upstairs bedroom and stay overnight and return to the house in the morning," Dally said. We agreed to the idea. Emily was scared to death. Pony was comforting her. Rubbing her back, holding her close, kissing the too of her head. Soda was like that too sometimes. I guess it's in Curtis blood or something.

We got to the house, seeing the other car nowhere in sight. "Lets go. It's five blocks away so it's not too far," Dally said and we all started running.

Angelina's pov:

"We'll bring you to the emergency room in the morning, Pen. Okay?" I said. She nodded her little head and we all ran. "Guys I see their car!" Pony yelled. We all looked around to see where we can hide. "The park!" Johnny suggested. We could probably get there in time to hide and stuff like that. We agreed and ran like lightning.

Harry's pov:

Well, we secretly knew that girls mom. My mom and her mom were friends and went to clubs together and would bring home a new guy every night. Today more guys from the gang back in Elizabeth came. We needed more help to get that car, and we also don't need just that. The head of the strongest, most known gang of all gangs, most sneakiest gang that never get caught, agreed to let us have their old mansion (which is really big), and one hundred- thousand dollars. They called me, I guess they found out I was at that lady's house, and said they'd give us all of that if we brought them back the girls. All seven of them. So to become a rich man, all I need is the car and the girls.

We followed them, and we saw about thirteen figures walk across a field to get to a park. "Hey I think I saw that girl we kidnapped with that group. Maybe it's those two gangs," Big slamma said. "Let's figure it out and hunt 'em down," I said reloading my hand gun.

We got out of the car and started heading over the field to a park. It was over a hill, only at the top you could see the stuff at the park.

Emily's pov:

It's scary. I've never pictured the world so hostile, so horrifying. "Guys it's them!" Soda yelled as we got approached the first slide in the park. "We gotta hide. Now," Darry said.

Me, Pony, Johnny, and Paige went and climbed to a high point on a big tree. I could see the others scattered around the park. Angelina (penny in her arms) and Ginger ale were underneath a slide that had a long bottom, Darry, Soda, and Ashley went into a fountain and kept their heads just above the water to breathe but low enough so that you couldn't see their heads over the small wall that went around the fountain in a circle. Dally, Emmy, Steve, Two-bit, and Maddy were still scattered around looking for somewhere to hide.

Dally's pov:

We five were left to find somewhere to hide. "The three slide-tube-things on the big whatever," Maddy said. God can this kid get any stupider?