Chapter 15

*2 months later*

Jennie is at the cafe with Irene talking about a few things.

Jennie: So,anything good happen to you lately?

Irene: Mm no not really, well except meeting you!

Irene throw Jennie a wink.

Jennie: Oh shut up!

Irene: No, I won't shut up because I've met the most beautiful girl ever!

Jennie can't help but blush.

Truth be told ever since that night at the carnival they've gotten much closer. Closer than anybody expected.

She would come into work and do her thing and make small talk with Jisoo but that's pretty much it. Ever since she semi witnessed Jisoo and Joy kissing she's been trying to move on. She feels like she could it.

Irene has been a great help. She's so sweet and beautiful and Jennie could really see herself falling for her.

Jennie: So how's work?

Irene: Eh you know the usual. We got a new guy but that's pretty much it.

Jennie: Is it hard?

Irene: Well being a lawyer is hard but you get some perks to it.

Jennie: Like?

Irene: Well you know seeing the victim get justice for one and knowing I helped someone and seeing them happy makes me happy.

Jennie: Well isn't that sweet!

Irene only smiled.

Jennie looked at the clock and it was about time for her to go into work.

Jennie: Well I have to get going. Got to help Jisoo with some stuff. We're still working on this project.

Irene: Oh yeah, how's it going?

Jennie: It's going good but the investor has huge trust issues I assume. It's hard to get him to agree. We've shown him contracts and tried to adjust it to satisfy us both but he hasn't signed.

Irene could see the stress on Jennie's face. It made her heart twinge.

Irene: Hey, I'm sure he'll sign. I know you got this!

Irene made a funny face to make Jennie laugh and it worked.

Irene: There you go, there's that smile.

Jennie: Thank you, I really do appreciate Irene.

Irene: No problem! Can I drop you off?

Jennie: Of course!

They both got up and threw their things away and headed outside to Irene's car.

.........

Irene pulled up next to the building and got out to open the car door for Jennie.

Jennie: You know I have hands as well!

Irene stifled out a laugh.

Irene: I know but don't want you getting hurt!

Jennie: Yeah yeah the same thing you say every time!

Irene: Well....

Jennie got out of the car.

Jennie: Well thank you for dropping me off once again and I'll see you later!

Irene: Wait! before you go