Chapter eight.

.

"Let's see." Penelope said to herself parked about two blocks away from her place, or her "Storage." 

But it is where she called home.

She knew it wasn't ideal, and she couldn't help but consider now and then giving Mia "Up."

 Her daughter, Mia, didn't deserve this, she didn't deserve to live a life like this, she deserved a house, with running water, and a mom who had it all together. And that in no way was her.

 Yet each and every time she came closer to the idea, she could never go through with it.

She loved her too much, to give her up. That and although she had never been in the "System." she has had countless "Friends." who grew up in foster care, and she could never imagine letting someone take her child from her.

Reaching out, she grabbed the woman's purse, quickly looking through it. 

Opening it she found a phone in it, she turned it on and waited a couple of seconds for it to power on. 

"Come on," she mumbled while humming  a bit, leaning forward she grabbed her to-go cup, taking a sip. Upon hearing a ding she furrowed her brows in concentration, seeing a password was needed to get into the phone. What a smart woman, Penelope thought to herself.

After seeing "Emergency contact information." Penelope wasted no time in clicking it, and scrolling down a bit to see "Second-born." Penelopes brows furrowed as she clicked it, hoping to tell someone their mother forgot her purse.

Upon patiently waiting for the phone call to go through, she felt a sharp pain in the back of her head. 

"Ow! Mia!" she exclaimed as her daughter threw her sippy cup at her head. 

"I want the toy!" she shouted loudly as a man answered her phone call.

"Hello?" the voice said from the other end of the line, "Sorry, yes, hi, it seems your mother forgot her purse?" Penelope explained as Mia kicked the back of her mother's chair.

"Oh, yeah!! I was wondering why I got a call from my mother, who is sitting right beside me." The man said with a small laugh at the end.

"Yeah," Penelope said awkwardly then she cleared her throat. 

"Any chance I could come to drop them off, where are you?" Penelope said frowning as Mia proceeded to kick her chair.

"Uh hold on," he said and then it went silent, did he put me on hold? He must have putten me on hold. 

After nearly 2 minutes, he proceeded to respond.

"Okay, sorry I'm back." The man said then cleared his voice. "Is there any chance you want to meet up for breakfast again tomorrow?"  Niall said after a long pause.

"Then I can collect my mother's bag there? Because..uh I'm kinda busy right now." He rambled on, while  Pennelope thought hard on it.

"Sorry yeah." The young mother said interrupting her own thoughts. 

"Okay bet, tomorrow at... Maybe 7:00?"  The man said unsure.

Penelope nodded to herself almost forgetting she was on the phone with the man from the restaurant.

"Sorry yeah, Tomorrow at seven is good for me." she said once more, nodding to herself.

"Okay great!" he said while proceeding to then hang up.

rude.

"I said Toys!" Mia said throwing her last sippy cup at Penelope's head. 

hihihihihihihi, I'm sorry for the late update, iv been busy a lot lately. But I PROMISE THAT I HAVE NOT FORGOT AND ILL BE UPDATING MORE SOON-"

Really random, but Popeyes or KFC? And whats your favorite thing to order from there lol