Prologue

What exactly is good and evil? It's something humans decide every day, and you would think that they would all think the same about it, but that would be a beautiful lie. Some people think good and evil are based on crimes. If you're a person with no criminal record, you're considered a good person; suppose you have been in jail, then most would consider you a bad person. Then what does it make someone if they have no criminal record, but they constantly ruin other people's lives? Are they still considered good? Or are they a bad person? Or when someones in jail for stealing food to feed their family, are they still considered bad? Or are they a good person? It is a contradiction that people adjust every day based on who they are. A contradiction in the world, and there are hundreds more

For this world, there's a justification that people can't contradict the majority of the time. Those who are Jujutsu sorcerers will always be good, and curses are evil in this world. For the most part, that's undoubtedly true. However, when curses pile up to the point, they attack the unsuspecting humans with no cursed energy in their bones and those who have the fortune and misfortune of having the gift to combat them to save the defenseless citizens, who will forget everything once they're saved. Sure, the occasional sorcerer comes and would use their cursed techniques for self-gain, yet curses always stay the same. They fester, then consume, then kill.

As I walked the usual way to my home in the forest I looked at the sky, holding the strap to the bag of groceries close. "Then....why am I the exception?" When I first was born into this world, I had no idea why I was here or what I was. Wandering around for just something to let me know what I was here for or who I was. Over the years, I found out the cruel reality of what I was and what happens to curses like me. I had thought it was strange how other curses seemed mindless or couldn't talk like I could, or how they all liked to attack the humans that I had come accustomed to seeing. As I saw how they moved and thrived, I started to hate the way my appearance had looked. Then one day, as if it was a miracle, I woke up on the forest floor looking like a human. Ever since that day, I have tried to stay in this form. Finally, I could venture down and go to a human elementary school and live my life as if I was a human.

As the years passed, I started to wish I was human, so I didn't have to be afraid of the jujutsu sorcerers that liked to get rid of curses on sight. Of course, that could never happen, but I was just happy not to be alone anymore. Now I'm in High school, sure it was hard to talk to people, and I got overwhelmed by stuff quickly, and not to mention compliments made my head spin, I enjoyed every minute of being able to live a human life. I care a lot about them, and after I realized the nature of my technique, if I ever needed to, I would protect them. "But..... I don't want that to happen again.." I wasn't prepared for when I was taking out another deadly curse for my body to be forcefully transformed to the way I looked or how I looked at that time. I never wanted to see myself in that form again. I was scared too, scared to be reminded of the monster I was under this form, a curse in human clothing.

I unlocked the door to my house and walked in. "Home sweet home." I moved the groceries into the kitchen and put them where they needed to be and smiled when I heard a familiar meow outside the window and walked over and opened it."Hello Primrose, have you come to revisit me tonight?" Primrose was a pure white cat with heterochromatic eyes, one blue and a peculiar soft violet. She wasn't my cat, but at the same time, she was. I found her out here in the forest and fed her every so often, and now she'll come to visit me. I got a can of fancy tuna from my fridge and opened it for Primrose to eat. Despite being a stray, to my knowledge anyway, she always looked like she had just been groomed and had a picky appetite. I petted her head happily and walked back into my room, and dropped onto the bed, tired. I got home quite late after all. It's a long walk from here to town and an even longer walk from here to school. Primrose came in and laid down atop my chest with grace and gave a friendly and gentle meow. "Good night Primrose..." I drifted off to sleep just like that.