Chapter 5

The sound of a water droplet made me jolt as I looked around my surroundings. I don't remember waking up, and i don't ever really get dreams. Then again, if this were a dream, I wouldn't think about it. The sound of water droplets slowly turns into the sound of a waterfall. I looked around this strange place. 'A....garden?' The flowers planted here are so beautiful. They reminded me of the flowers I would see in the forest when I lived there. I could see a small river with a small wooden bridge crossing over it. 'is this the river making noise? but the noise is so loud.' I followed the river until I was right in front of what looked like a shrine. A huge sakura tree was growing behind it, and as I looked to the sides, I realized that the land had dropped off a cliff. There was a plaque on a large stone inside the shrine. I drew my attention away from it and saw the river over the edge. 'So there was a small waterfall..' I walked over and looked down over the side, and my eyes widened in horror.

I covered my mouth from shock. The river's blue water slowly faded into a crimson red as down below was filled with a shallow crimson sea. The land I was standing on was being held up by odd formations of rock that looked like long distorted faces in anguish, their mouths agape in a silent scream. I stepped backward, nearly falling over. I knew now what this was, but i just couldn't beleive it. "I...didn't think I had a domain...this doesn't make sense, i never tried to make one. Why and when did I cast domain expansion!? Why is it fully formed and not unstable? None of this makes sense!" I looked over to the shrine. 'This place feels more like a cruel reminder of what I am. Everything about this is just too sick...' I shakily walked up the shrine's steps and read what was on the plaque. I nearly threw up at what it said. 'i...i refuse to beleive this! There is no way this is real. I just can't!' I felt the whole world spin around me, making me feel like I was about to throw up. The name of this domain suddenly appeared in my mind as if I had known it from the very beginning. I would have chuckled at how well it suited this place if I wasn't feeling so faint. I felt my body slowly fall backward. 'Garden of Agony...the name suits it.'

I jolted awake, covered in sweat. I felt hands on my shoulder as I realized Fushiguro was right in front of me. His face displayed a look of distress. "your finally awake..you looked like you were having a pretty bad nightmare...I could hear you from my room..you ok?" I looked around my room before looking back at him and shakily nodding. I looked at my hands, and they were shaking terribly. I took deep breaths, trying to calm myself down. That Nightmare felt too real to be anything else. Fushiguro looked at me with an expression that gave away that he didn't fully beleive me, but I was glad he didn't press anything further. "Get dressed..we have a mission we need to do. It's urgent." He got up off the bed and left my room.

I took a few more moments to get my bearings before getting out of bed. I was surprised to see Primrose was no where to be seen, but I figured she was off doing her own thing. I threw on my uniform and nearly pulled my hair out, brushing my hair before running out of my room to meet up with the others. Kugisaki had his arms crossed and rolled his eyes."Did you have to keep us waiting?" Itadori looked over at him."Hey, come on, man, she had a nightmare, have some respect." Kugisaki just ignored him. I looked around and couldn't help but notice that Gojo was no where to be seen."Where Is Gojo?" A man I've never seen before spoke up, "he's on business. Normally we would have him do a mission like this, but we can't, so you four will be." I slowly nodded. I was getting anxious, though. If Gojo, a special-grade sorcerer, was supposed to go on this one, just how difficult was this mission? The man I still have yet to know the name of led us to a car, and we all got in. Fushiguro got the front seat with the man, and I was stuck between Itadori and Kugisaki since I was the smallest among us.

The ride there was uneventful, other than me squishing my legs as close together as possible not to touch ethier of my seatmates in case it would make them uncomfortable. Which was a little tricky and very uncomfortable cause Kugisaki had his legs spread wide. I was happy to be out of that car. The man explained what we were doing and gave Itadori a dummy crash course on different grades. Though I thought the man was exaggerating about difficulties, it wasn't far off. Though I assume that a bomb must be something powerful.. "As said before, we are often short-handed, so you four will be dealing with this. If you see a special-grade, run, or you'll die." I took a deep breath, 'at the moment, I don't think I could purify a special-grade at all...I guess running really would be my best bet.'