Chapter 1

Dread is a powerful emotion, and it can activate in difficult situations or out of the blew. Usually, when people feel dread, they could control themselves and push through it. Though sometimes, it may end up triggering someone's flight or fight response. Those who go the flight path may get away, or perhaps go somewhere they feel safe or brush the feeling off altogether. Those who go the fight path may try to investigate it or perhaps deny it. Though some get a third to those reactions, it may cause some people their lives. Freeze. Those who end up freezing feel as if someone may have taken over their body, keeping them still and unmoving. Being trapped in their own body can strike even more dread and fear within them, making it harder to break that figurative curse on them.

At this moment, i was frozen, with dread. i wanted to go check out what was making me so uneasy. To make sure that nothing terrible would happen at school, but my entire body screamed at me to stay, to not go. I almost listened, i tended to get paranoid quickly after all, but the tiniest voice in the back of my head told me to go. So i buried the feeling of dread i had and walked down the hall to my room. I had a medkit in there that i wanted to take with me in case someone was hurt. I walked over to my bed and got onto my knees to look under the bed for the medkit.

"huh, i could have sworn i put it here."

I stood back up and held my chin, trying to think of where it could have been. "Maybe it's in the bathroom?"

I walked back out the door of my room, making sure to close the door, and went into the bathroom and opened the cabinet under the sink, and smiled.

"There you are! When did I move you in here? I'll think more about it later. I need to hurry up." I walked out of the bathroom and up to my front door.

Primrose had jumped up onto the bookshelf and meowed at me, cocking her head to the side. I smiled and used my thumb to pet her head." i'll be back before you know it, Prim, but i need to do this." I looked to the doorknob and reached out to open the door. I got the same feeling of dread from before and hesitated my hand before i touched the doorknob. I took slow deep breaths and opened the door, and walked out. The sky was now dark, showing how much time i had been frozen in place. I walked the trail down to town. I glanced at the gemstone on the bridge and touched the flowers' petals on the cherry tree. Every step i took closer to the high school i visit every day, the unease i felt grew."something will happen. I'm sure of it." What it was, i was still unsure, but the word 'good' wasn't among the things that had come to mind.

Finally, as if an eternity had passed, i had reached the gate. Once again, my thoughts ran wild, telling me, 'this was a horrible idea, Don't head in, Leave now.' It was as if every nerve in my body was trying to get me to run away, and the curse energy was running wild. So wild that you could see it outside the school. I jumped over the fence and headed in. Everything was dark, making the atmosphere even more anxiety-inducing. It took everything in me not to shake or succumb to the pressure of a possible anxiety attack. The cursed energy in the halls made me feel as if the hall was swaying from left to right, warping as if reality had broken. 'whatever this is, must be a Special Grade. It probably had a seal on it before now.'

As i turned the corner, i was greeted with a curse. It wasn't too big or too small, but it was very active, 'it's probably a Third-Grade curse.' A part of me wished that I wouldn't have had to fight any curses, but with how active the curse energy was here, i knew i had no choice. It didn't take long at all for the curse to notice me, and it charged forward. I looked around a second to get my surroundings before looking back at the curse and kicking off my left foot so i could dodge it. 'maybe i can touch it now!' I tried to get behind it, but it whipped around and hit me with its tail. The hit sent me into the wall, and the impact knocked the air in my lungs out of me. I coughed a few times, and I looked at the curse. The blurriness from the shock still clouded my vision as i got up, and by the time I got my sight cleared, The curse was attacking again. I jumped up over it, and the curse crashes into the wall. I quickly turned around and touched the curse. With that touch, I activated my technique, 'Purification.'