chapter 12

Avery's POV

"Take care of yourself and call me." I said quietly trying to stop the quivering in my voice as I hugged him tightly.

"I am going to be fine, don't worry about me, you take care of yourself, and if at anytime you need me, even if it was the middle of the night, call me, okay?" Austin said cupping my face in his hands.

"Okay." I said sniffling, looking at him.

We were never away from each other for more than a day.

It was friday. We just finished school. We were at the airport and Grayson was with us to say bye to Austin as they were friends and to also be with me as he knows how hard it was for me to say bye to my brother.

Jamie was supposed to be with me but he said that he was busy today.

"Bye, Avy." He said kissing my forehead, his lips lingering there for a few seconds before pulling back and looking in my eyes that was teary.

"Bye, Austy."

"Bye, Grayson."

"Bye, Austin. Good luck." Grayson said, as Austin walked away and then he disappeared in the crowd of people.

"Hey, don't be sad, you can always face time him or call him, and if you ever need anything while he is not here, you can call me." Grayson said, looking into my teary eyes.

His eyes were so soft as he looked at me, it made feel safe.

He wrapped his arms around me, in a tight hug, I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Come on, let's go get some ice cream." He said as we pulled back.

We walked out of the airport and got in his car and as always he opened my door.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." He said smiling as he closed my door and rounded the hood to get in the car.

We reached the ice cream place, we both ordered oreo ice cream.

We were sitting on booth, my mood has lifted a little bit thanks to Gray.

"What makes you happy?" He asked leaning on the table between us, resting his elbows on the table and put his face on his interlocked hands.

"A lot of things makes me happy, my family, my friends, puppies, cookies, MacDonald's, seeing two people in love, seeing people laugh, spending time with those who I love, and of course eating ice cream." I said smiling pointing to the ice cream.

He was looking at me smiling, "Do you have a puppy?" He asked.

"No, I don't."

"Why don't you have one, when you love them that much?"

"I don't know, I haven't given it much thought."

"Let's go get you one then." He said standing.

"That quickly?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah, come on, let's go get one." He said pulling me from the booth and dragging me quickly to the car.

"Okay, okay." I said laughing getting in the car, as he ran to his side, he almost seemed more excited than me.

We finally reached the pet adoption center after half an hour of driving.

"Let's go get one then!" I said starting to get excited.

I looked at Grayson grinning as we heard barking, before running inside quickly.

But when I entered, there weren't any dogs so I was about to look around.