nineteen

I didn’t see Ashton in English. When I asked Michael, he told me that Ashton went home sick during his chemistry class.

I texted him.

Brooke: where are you :((

Ashton: in bed

Ashton: ;))

Brooke: aw

Ashton: i almost threw up in chem it was amazing

Brooke: baby omg are you ok now

Ashton: no bc you’re not here

Brooke: you’re a sap stop

Brooke: I need to go bye ily

The rest of the day without Ashton was intensely boring. I had free periods that I usually spent with him, so I did my math homework alone and Ashton promised to check them once I was finished.

All in all, it was a pretty boring day.

I went over to Ashton’s apartment after school, where I found him playing video games on the couch. An almost-full glass of lemonade was sitting on the coffee table in front of him. I laughed at the entire sick-bed setup, especially since it was pretty clear that Ashton wasn’t that sick.

“I’m not actually that sick,” he explained, as if an explanation was necessary, “My mum’s just kind of paranoid.” He laughed nervously, like he thought I might be judging him.

I smirked. “Oh, I know you’re not sick.” I smirked. I moved from the armchair to join him on the couch. He paused the game and shifted closer to me.

“Today was really boring,” I sighed, “I had a double free, and you weren’t there.” Pouting, Ashton placed a kiss on my forehead.

“I’ll be there tomorrow,” he promised. His mother walked into the room. Cleaning up the mess, she objected. “No, you will not.”

Ashton rolled his eyes, but it was clear that he was secretly pleased. I smirked. “I’ll bring you the homework.”

He rolled his eyes again, but this time he handed me a controller. “Wanna play Mario Kart?” I laughed.

I crawled around on the floor so that he wouldn’t have to until the new controller was connected and the game was inserted. We played Mario Kart until my eyes were sore from the screen and my fingers were cramping up from holding the remote, and then I kissed him goodbye.

-

Ashton: i miss you

Brooke: ashton its been like an hour

Ashton: i know but i’m not coming to school tomorrow either

Brooke: why you dumbass you’re not even sick

Ashton: you’re forgetting I almost puked in chemistry like

Brooke: oh

Brooke: but you’re fine now

Ashton: why are you such a bully??????????????????????

Brooke: shut the fuck up

Brooke: it’s because I love you

yo okay WELL holy SHIT basically I haven’t updated this story in five months and I’m actually really super attached to it but I honestly don’t even have time for it but I don’t want to delete so this is a rly super duper short half chapter (i don't even consider it a chapter tbh) to hopefully get it up and running again! !! I love this story! I love life !!