twelve

“I swear to God, if your parents end up not liking me because you are naughty when you’re around me no-”

Caitlyn interrupted with a snort. It took Ashton a moment to realise why, and when he did he flushed bright red. “You know what I mean,” he mumbled. I laughed awkwardly, pulling myself up into a sitting position. Ashton had been playing with my hair again. “Aw,” he pouted, looking at the mess (thanks to him) that was my hair. “Aw,” I pouted, copying him. I ruffled up his hair, earning a pout. “Now we’re matching,” I smirked at him. Those goddamn dimples appeared on his face as he gave me a toothless smile. “You’re dimples are so cute,” I giggled, poking them. They deepened as he started to laugh. “Oh my God!” I exclaimed, moving in closer until I was only a couple of inches from his face. “Ashton, you could literally smuggle a person into a country using your dimples.”

“You have dimples too! You’re s-” He cooed, before I moved in even closer to kiss him, cutting him off. It was only a soft kiss on the lips, but I knew that he’d want more. He responded almost instantly, wrapping his hands around my waist, pulling me in. He kissed me more firmly, gently biting and sucking on my lower lip. In the week or so we’d been dating, he’d already figured out that it was my weakness. “Guys,” Caitlyn hissed nervously. For a moment I pulled away, terrified that my dad had walked into the room without me noticing. “What if your parents see?” She asked. I shook my head. “We’ll hear them coming,” I told her. Ashton and I leaned in again and this time he placed his hands higher up on my torso, at the bottom of my rib cage. My hands found their way to his hair, gripping onto it. I let out a tiny moan as he sucked on my lower lip and I pulled my mouth away gently.

I prodded his lips with my tongue, demanding entry. He obeyed, our lips moving together in perfect sync. My tongue explored his mouth and his mine. I noticed he tasted like chocolate-mint ice cream. “Guys,” Caitlyn whined in the background. Ashton continued sucking on my lower lip, occasionally gently biting. I gripped at his hair in pure pleasure. Ashton was way too good at this.

We both jolted back when the sound of keys in the door filled the quiet apartment, the adrenaline from the kiss still rushing through my veins. I shuffled back on the picnic rug and took a huge bite of my muffin so my mum didn’t even think to get any ideas. I waved at her as she walked past, my mouth still full of blueberry muffin. She raised her eyebrows in surprise upon seeing our little set up in front of the tv and then laughed. My hear stopped racing – I’d been sort of afraid she’d be angry at me for having a picnic in the living room without asking her first, but she didn’t seem fussed. “Hi Caitlyn, Ashton,” she waved at them, smiling. They smiled and waved back. “Hello, Mrs. Elliot,” Ashton grinned at her. I mentally rolled my eyes. Ass kisser, I thought.

“How long have you been home?” Mum asked. I knew she was going to double check with my dad to make sure I wasn’t lying about it, so I kept my lie consistent with the one I’d told him, “Oh, like, forty minutes, probably?” She nodded approvingly and moved on into the kitchen. “You’re such a bad liar,” Caitlyn giggled, whacking me on my shoulder. I rolled my eyes at her. “At least she bought it,” I mumbled, making the two of them laugh.

Ashton and Caitlyn both eventually left, leaving my lying happily on the couch. I hardly ever did stuff like we did today, I usually just stayed home and watched tv. “Hey,” dad smiled, walking over towards me and sitting next to me on the couch. I smiled in response. “You really like him don’t you?” He chuckled. I blushed and looked away. I mumbled, “Yeah.” He laughed bitterly and I frowned, confused at the sudden change of demeanour. “If he ever hurts you…” I laughed at him, knowing that he was joking. “I’m kidding. But maybe I’m not. You’ll see.” He waggled his eyebrows a couple of times before standing up and leaving.

“Try not to kill him,” I called.

“No promises!” He replied from the kitchen doorway.

Um okay this is so short but if I made it any longer it would be bad and just sldfjgldkamdjep[av k ugh

I didn’t know where I was going with this story but I have a little more direction now so it’s going to be all good I think

Also there’s going to be drama in the next chapter so get ready