Hunting

first attempt at horror lads, let's gooo ~ nyx

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"You crawl slowly and quietly through the dark, dark forest. Plants unknown to science caress your legs and vines unbelievably thorny crawl up your arms. They scratch and bite at your skin, leaving the smallest, bloodiest cuts. You keep crawling. Faster, faster, your mind urges. You need to get away. Away, away, away. Something is following you. You turn around. Nothing. You turn back and continue your almost too-slow escape.

You stand in the middle of a clearing. Where are you? Trees taller than anything you've ever seen tower over you, casting harsh shadows. There is no light, no light other than what you brought. But the measly glow of your torch can hardly pierce the dense foliage. Something shakes the ground. You fall to your knees, quaking. Something is watching you. It sees you. It knows you.But you, you do not see it. You do not know it. You turn around slowly, almost not moving at all. Eyes as bright as stars greet you. You muffle a scream as they slowly wink out. You do not want to alert the ancients of this place.

You hide. You hide where you can, but no place is good enough. They come ever closer. You can only run so far before you fall. They know how to tire you.

You run. Faster, longer, harder. Nothing seems to work. They catch up, they always do. They see you. They are near you. RUN, YOU FOOL.

You fall. You always do. And they surround you, circling like grotesque human-esque vultures. Hollows where there should be eyes, too wide smiles, too sharp teeth, too many joints. Too much.

They're always too much. They descend on you. You are alone. You are theirs.

This is goodbye."

The tape clicked off. They smiled, revealing too many teeth that were just a bit too sharp. They win.

They always do.