Six

"Mia?" Amanda called Mia after she got a very difficult time to finish one of her college's assignment.

"Yeah. How are you, dear?" It had been a week since the last time they met. 

"I'm not good at all. I have got some difficulties in finishing the assignment from Mr. Wood."

Mia widened her eyes. She put her paper work from her office and sat on to her sit, "I am listening." she replied. 

Amanda sighed. It was a long sigh. She closed her eyes and she closed her face with her hand's palms. 

"Amanda?"

"Yes?"

"Are you... okay?"

"I don't know." Amanda replied quickly and sighed again.

"I will visit you tonight." Mia hanged up the phone and Amanda got back to sleep. She took her leave after two weeks without news from Greg, and she failed her interview on her new job. She was jobless and...

"Pathetic." She exclaimed and scuttled her face in to the pile of pillows. 

**

Amanda woke up in  a sudden after she heard a very long knocking of her flat door. 

"Wait!" she woke up and tried to clear up her vision. She looked around and she still heard the knocking. It was a loud once. 

"Yes..."

"Amanda, oh My God!" Mia exclaimed and hugged Amanda tight. 

"Hi, Mia." Amanda replied in a very flat voice. She did not move at all or even replied Mia's hug.

Amanda let Mia entered in to her apartment. She looked through the window. It was still so bright outside but she did not feel good to go out. It was 5 P.M and it was almost sunset time.

"I brought you some bread though you had not eaten yet." Mia smiled and put the plastic on Amanda's table. Amanda smiled and thanked her. 

"Do you want something to drink?"

"No, thanks."

"Let yourself rest. I have got plenty of drink on the fridge. You just have to take them if you want." Amanda gave a slight smile and sit on the sofa. Mia followed her and comfort her.

"It's been difficult days and weeks. I have no idea why I am such a weak person like this." Amanda started to cry again and Mia did not bother to cut.

"I have no idea why I miss that guy a lot and I lost such an important job and I lost everything at the same time and I got no idea...

"Ssttt, Amanda stop! It is okay. Accept all these things, first. It cannot be finished at the right time you hope it can stop." They both stayed silent. Mia still hugged Amanda and she rubbed Amanda's shoulder. When they stayed silent, a knock from Amanda's door woke them from their thoughts. Mia and Amanda stared at each other and the knock did not stop until Mia opened the door immediately.

Mia was shocked to whom she stared at. 

"Hi, is Amanda at home?" A guy voice woke Amanda and she knew that the voice from the person she knows well.

"Yes, and... who are you?"

"I am Greg. I just needed to drop some things for her."

"Oh sure." Mia nodded.

"Greg?" Amanda mentioned his name and she had stood up beside Mia.

"Hi!" Greg smiled and narrowed his eyes. He was wondering what happened with Amanda who was so messed up.

"Mia, I need to go to the bathroom." Amanda realised that Greg had been staring at her and she decided to move to another place so that she still could see and hear what Mia and Greg were talking about.

"What happened with her?"

"No, nothing. Rough day, you know?" Mia moved her head and smiled a bit. Greg just nodded and before he forgot about a box of chocolate he wanted to give Amanda, he decided to give Mia instead.

"Here's... A box of chocolate. It was from my hometown. I don't know that Amanda likes it or not, but here's just a little gift for her. Please tell her thank you for giving me advice to go back to my hometown. I was also sorry that I didn't say anything before I was away to my hometown. She might or might not look for me." Greg smiled and thanked Mia. He was go back to his flat after opening and locking his door.

Mia closed Amanda's door and Amanda just stood in her place. She stared at the gift Greg gave.

"You did touch that man's heart, didn't you?" Mia came to Amanda and hugged her friend one more time. 

"This must be made your day!" Mia gave the box to Amanda and her eyes did not move from it.

"I assumed a lot about him."

"You assumed a lot about your day. That you should reduce your assumption in every single day and aspects of your life."

"But..."

"No but... Enjoy and relax dear." Mia smirked and she sat on Amanda's couch. She decided to watch the tv after the drama she watched earlier between Amanda's thought and Greg. Amanda went to her bed and decided to take shower. Right after she finished taking shower, her phone buzzed by the number she didn't know.

"Hello, Amanda's speaking."

"Hi, Amanda. It's Olivia. Do you still remember me?"

"Olivia?"

"Oh, if you remember, I met you at the library. We talked about children organization, drugs dealer, and etc."

"Oh, yes. Olivia. I remember. Hi! How are you?"

"I'm great, thanks. It's good to finally have you here. Our organization will have a project related  to the children's issues on drugs. This weekend, we want to have a meeting to have a program be accepted by the investor and CSR of a company. Would you like to join us?"

"Hmm..." Amanda was confused by Olivia's information. 

"Oh, by the way, It's because we need more people to help. Our other people cannot handle this time, so I was thinking about you. Perhaps, you don't mind joining us."

There was a long silent before Amanda answered. She thought it would be good for giving her an activity in her jobless time. Without even asking or thinking twice, she said,

"Yes. I would definitely like to join you. When and where is the meeting?"

"Wow. It is great to have your enthusiasm."

"Yes. I would like to do something different."

"Okay, then. Thank you so much! I will send you the details through email or this text message. I guess, if you don't mind, may I have your email address? It's better to send the details through email."

"Sure. I will send it through the message. I am looking forward to hearing the details."

"Great! Thank you so much, Amanda! See you!"

"Bye!"

Amanda hanged up the phone smiled. She was fresh and excited about the project.

"What's it behind the smile?" Mia smirked but she still focused on her tv program.

"Ah. Good thing is coming up."

"Hmm, I miss that enthusiasm." 

"So do I."