Ten

It was a bright sunny day. Amanda had sat on a bus seat with her friend, Olivia. She was with Olivia and three other friends, two of them she met at the coffee shop before. She finally went to the foundation event that Olivia told. 

"What?" Amanda widened her eyes. She could not believe in a very buzz vibes at the bus, she received an email that she was looking forward to.

"I got accepted, oh my God." She exclaimed and two of Olivia's friends turned around to see Amanda's reaction.

"Oh Sorry. It was a job thing." Amanda grinned. She looked at the email which said that she was called by the company. She was accepted as the Researcher assistant.

"What should I prepare for the first day?" She had better asked. She directly sent her reply to the email which informed about the interview.

Amanda went back to focus on her foundation event. Olivia said that the event will be held in a house which was used for people's rehabilitation. The house was The LIGHT, but the area of the house was quite dangerous because there were still some drug dealers stayed. The house was very controversial, but the owner had a big bravery to make the project happened.

"How long does it take?"

"About 30 minutes more and we will arrive there." Olivia replied. She was the only person Amanda knew. But Amanda also talked to James, who was a student in his final year, Lea, a worker from the hospital, Kate, one of the foundation co-founder. 

Amanda really could not wait. She was asked to arrange the sharing session. She should lead all the participant to talk to each other or involve them in a game. Amanda nodded and she had prepared the needs. She sometimes smiled because she remembered that she would be going to her first day at work tomorrow.

As Amanda and all her friends arrived at the house, Olivia knocked the door. The person, who was like the woman in her 50s opened and smiled in tears. She hugged Olivia tight like she often come here for a visit. The emotional scene had been given in front of Amanda. She felt the tears on her face and faced down. Amanda joined all her new friends and entered the house.

"Thank you for coming!" The woman who greeted all of them named Sarah. She had been here since the beginning. "We are totally save by the guards." Amanda nodded. She wondered at the first time when she entered the front yard of the house. There were lots of guards who brought their guns. They brought two different types of guns, Mini Moose and Dar701-1. Amanda widened her eyes and faced down because she was afraid of it.

"It is good if it is all save. How are you?" Olivia continued the conversation and Amanda and other friend were just paying attention on the conversation until all the children, teenagers, and two adults joined them. Amanda bet that all of them were the participant or the members who had stayed there.

"Ahh, here you are." Sarah called them to come over. Olivia, Amanda, and their other friends also smiled. Kate hugged some of them because she had knew and met them before. James and Lea who were the new participant for the event just stayed quite but smiled. 

They were all moved to the meeting area. The room had been prepared. There were some colorful chairs were arranged in circle. All of them gathered and chose their favorite spot. There were some children looked totally happy by their visit. 

"So, we had new members here. We had new friends. First is Amanda, second is James and third is Lea." Amanda said hi and waved at them and so did Lea and James. They smiled and continued to introduce themselves. 

Then they continued to run the rundown Olivia had made. James shared about the study and school things. He assured everyone that they all still had good future ahead. Lea told the story about her experiences handling the drug and rehabilitation patients. She said people did not have to be afraid because they was surrounded or had ever had to try the drugs before. If they believed, they would heal themselves.