Two

"Happy Birthday!" A quick short message from the person whom Amanda wanted to forget came. She widened her eyes and took a sigh. 

"Thanks!" She thought it was just a short message to respect what her ex has sent. It was a very short relationship she went through. A month. She never could imagine that.

 Amanda put her phone on her bed and moved her way to the bathroom. Today was Saturday and she had no plan to spend her birthday. As she had moved into town, the only closest friend she got was Mia, and that was enough. 

"I am tired of having lots, and old and close friends." Once she told Mia. Mia assured her that she did not guarantee that she was a good woman to make a friend with. Amanda nodded and she assured Mia that they could just get along as usual.

"Don't predict the future yet, it is a bit scary." Amanda told Mia and they both laughed. 

She was smiling between her imagination once she told about her feeling to Mia. She had to get ready because it was 10 a.m. She was going to meet Mia and did some groceries shopping then they were going to head to their favorite coffee shop to do a little birthday celebration.

Amanda was easily accept and forget a bit about the message her ex sent. He was Carl. They broke up two months ago but it seemed that Carl still wanted to get back to her. 

"Excuse me." A knock from Amanda's door quickly made Amanda stood up from her chair as she was busy drying her hair. She put the hair dryer and narrowed her eyes.

"Yes, can I help... you?" She hanged up her words in the middle because she was shocked on who she was staring in front of her.

"I have just made Pizza and I thought you might want to try." The guy from the front door visited her and brought a plate with two slices of Pizza.

"I..."

"It's just, it's okay if you don't want them."

"No..." That was all Amanda could say to, "Thank you so much..." Amanda hanged up her words intentionally.

"Greg." The man smiled shyly and held his back neck.

"Ah, Thank you, Greg! Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too. See ya!" He turned his body and entered his apartment. Amanda still stood there with her door opened, as she was staring to Greg's door and his slices of pizza.

"What an unpredictable present!" She shrugged and closed her door.

At the Coffee Shop

"This... is a special cup of Cappuccino for our Birthday Queen."

"Wow, thank you so much, Mia." Amanda smiled weekly. 

"You seemed to be boring."

"Yeah, I did. Thinking about quitting my job."

"Hey, what happened?"

"It's just, you feel boring and one thing that you can think about is quitting the job."

"Don't feel that way, dear." Mia smiled and stroked Amanda's arm. "You have to be strong. I have ever felt that way. Remember, we need money!" Mia lost her hand and sipped her Mochaccino.

"Yeah, indeed.  By the way, you know what, this morning I got a plate of pizza from my new neighbor."

"The man you told me?"

Amanda nodded excitedly.

"Well, how come? Since you told me that the guy was quite cold towards you, it seemed to sound impossible."

"Hahaha. I thought about it at first as well. His name was Greg, he told me. He was quite shy when he tried to give those pizzas. I thought he was trying to give a greeting present for every neighbors." Amanda smiled and stared at her coffee.

"Oh well. That was cute, though." Their conversation was cut by a message that Amanda took a long time to stare. Mia looked at both Amanda to her phone, "Who is that?" Mia was curious about it because Amanda tried to avoid by turning off her phone.

"No body." Amanda replied firmly with a slight smile.

"Come on." Mia shrugged and tried to constrain Amanda, asking her confirmation.

"Hah... Alright..." Amanda looked outside and hanged her words, "He is James. A friend of mine when I was at my previous apartment.

"James, sounds new. Why did you ignore his message?" Mia narrowed her both eyes.

Amanda sighed deeply. She gave a slight smile and felt like she did not want to discuss about it.

"Is it wrong that I would like to stay away from him a while?

"It feels like I am bored. We went somewhere some times. I am at the point when I am bored to go without any purpose."

Mia widened her eyes, "what do you mean?"

"I thought he did not try to find a serious relationship. He just wants to spend his escape time after getting a broken heart. He always denies that he doesn't into someone. I mean... I don't believe that. If you have many friends, which is, he does, he must have a feeling into someone, right?" Amanda wondered and asked Mia's agreement.

"Maybe he is a gay or he does not want to involve into a serious relationship." Mia was wondering and giving her thought about James.

"Well, maybe. I never asked into that kind of private thing. He seems to be easy getting along with everybody."

"Well, you have to think about it." Mia sipped her coffee and looked into her phone, "Wait a minute. I have to get out, Amanda. There is something I need to pick up." Mia smiled and went away to the entrance. Amanda looked around. The coffee shop was getting full pack. She was playing her cup of coffee which had been empty. She wondered that she would like to order a cup of coffee again.

"Hi, happy birthday my dear Amanda! I am truly sorry if the cake was quite small here." Mia smiled and shocked Amanda. Amanda was really surprised as she was in the middle of her daydreaming. Mia placed the box of cake on to the their table. 

"Oh my God, Mia. Thank you so much!" They both hugged, "The cake is perfect!" Amanda replied and they both sat down. Mia let Amanda to pray for her on her birthday.

"Thank you, Mia!" Whoosh. Amanda blew the candle and smiled.