THE BRIDE

CHAPTER 11

THE BRIDE

She can't help humming her tune of joy, celebration and victory in the shower: 'Come on and sing, sing life, come on and run, run little girl, come on, come on we're gonna dance, come on, come on we're gonna have fun'.

She's happy to be here, with the one she loves. Nothing more and nothing less than two souls finally reunited to become one together.

They head to the living room. Renni calls the girls while Abigail sits down.

- Hey girls!

The young ladies arrive. Jessica is small and enormously beautiful, with a slender silhouette, long black hair and a pale complexion. Natasha is a beauty from the East, with short blond hair and intense blue eyes. Then comes Linda, a real pin-up, a little chubby with a lively face and a smile to die for. Finally, there is Susan and her cheeky look. She's a total stunner, with everything going for her: a perfect physique and short copper-colored hair.

Renni tells them:

- Hello girls! Let me introduce you to my bride, who'll share my bed and our lives. This is Abigail.

The girls line up in front of Abigail, who stands up and greets them. Some of them weigh her up, others don't understand or are jealous. They make fun of her or wonder: "What will her role be?" ...

There's chatter, hugs, kisses, smiles, introductions, initiations and wishes of welcome.

Abigail asks:

- Where's , ?

Renni answers:

- Sarah doesn't exist. It's just a name I made up to protect the girls' anonymity. You know, in our business, we're cautious and we don't reveal who we are, what we do or the name of our partners!

Abigail feels a bit offended that she was lied to, but she understands that's how it works. It's a bit difficult for her to accept that Renni didn't fully trust her until she decided to come and live with him. She left her life without a second thought for a man who still has his little secrets. It's difficult to find a balance. She wonders what else he might be concealing, but she doesn't dare to ask him openly.

Jessica, the oldest tenant, thinks that sometimes she sees love stories just waiting to happen. Some take off, but she knows what their ending will be like. You have to learn to love without getting attached. It's ok to play, but not to suffer! She knows a kiss can lead to farewells, and that farewells never go as expected. There's always one who will feel like saying 'see you soon' rather than farewell, with a sense of hope - this damn hope - that prevents you from dying when a love that has been lost encourages you to do so.