21: Recording 20

"Before you listen to this recording, give me your hands and close your eyes." Cece requested, and I did as told.

She placed an object in my hands, and tapped my forehead, "Open your eyes."

I did as told again, and I looked down. In my hands, a photo was resting there. It was the one of me and my dad together, and I almost teared up. It was placed in a cherry red frame, and I flipped it over. On the other side was a picture of me and Cecelia together on my birthday last year, kissing as we held up a heart to the camera.

I looked at Cece, who was holding my headphones, "Now listen."

Placing my headphones on, I looked at Cecelia all the while.

I thought giving you a picture of your favorite person and a picture of someone you loved would be the best mini present ever.

Yvonne, I know for a fact you miss your dad. You miss him, you love him. You love him so much that you'd never let anyone else take away what he gave you; headphones.

The picture with him was when he gave you these headphones, I know because I asked your mom. I asked her why you always wore them, and she showed me the picture. She told me it was a reminder that he'd always be with you, and that he was your happy place. So you use the headphones to escape reality to think of him as well.

So you know what I did with this information? I nodded, asked for the picture, and got it photocopied. I took our own picture too, and got it done. Then i bought the clear case, because I wanted you to turn it around and think of us together.

Your mom told me that I was your new happy place. And I thought that maybe I..maybe I could do a little something for you. I want you to know that I'm always going to be there for you, and I am honored to be your happy place.

I love you.

Cece.

She wiped the tears away, "Not done yet, Yvonne. There's one more day left."

I sniffled and took her hand in mine, "1 more day."