TWO

Update 2
Word count: 1444

Almost after half an hour, I had to call a taxi and then I reached the nearest station where I could board the train as it was late due to crossing. I thanked my stars as I found the ticket in my backpack.

While I was running to catch the train that was pacing faster, I stumbled upon someone and I couldn't catch up with the speed. As a result, I missed the train.

"Shit!" I groaned in frustration and turned back only to see her again. Yes! She was there with her backpack and a bottle in her hand. But what confused me was the fear in her eyes and her trembling hands. And then I averted my gaze to witness few goons.

Few minutes before

The girl stepped down from the train as it halted. Her bottle was empty and she was hiccuping very badly. Putting her backpack on her shoulders, she ran near the tap to fill her bottle. It was 1:38 AM, her watch read. In few hours, she would reach her destination she sighed.

She was so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn't notice when the train started to move. Though the bottle was half filled, she immediately closed the tap and turned back to catch the train. But she was stopped by few goons.

They were staring at her nastily and she trembled due to fear.
She stepped back and they came forward.
One of them shouted.

"Give us some water too!" A goon with medium height and a scar on his face exclaimed.
"Is it water or something else?" One more questioned.
"See I stopped your hiccups..But I couldn't stop the train!" One more exclaimed and others laughed.

"Help..help!" The girl shouted but none responded.
"Haha! Look at her!" One of them mocked.

And they were going to snatch her bottle when a tall figure stumbled upon them. The girl widened her eyes seeing him. The goons stared at him in annoyance as he disturbed them.

"Shit!" Manik exclaimed and turned back.

------------------

I saw the goons who were having nasty looks. And then I shifted my gaze towards her.

"Hey! What are YOU doing here?" I asked moving towards her.
She didn't reply but kept staring at me. I snapped my fingers and she blinked twice looking at me.
"What happened?" I asked and took the bottle from her hands. Drinking the water, I raised my eyebrows at her when one of the goons came near us.

"Hey!" He shouted and I got pissed. I gave the hundred rupee note in my pocket and he frowned seeing it.
"I'm not a beggar!" He gritted his teeth and I smirked.
"I thought so seeing your avatar." I said and winked at her. She widened her eyes.

"What are you thinking of yourself? You're Lord Krishna or what to save this Draupadi from us!" The other one shouted.
"Krishna is Draupadi's brother right?" I asked.
"Yeah." The goon said.
"Then I'm not Krishna." I exclaimed and all of them looked at each other.

The girl held my hand and said pleasingly.
"Or else consider yourself as Lord Ram." She said and I went all awww on her cuteness. I looked at her scared eyes and was again lost.