TWENTY

Update 20
Word count: 2043

And 4 months passed in jiffy. The project was going on in a very good pace. In fact, we could finish it a month before than the original target. Me and Nandini had actually grown into good terms. We were spending most of the time, discussing about plans or about marriage. Whenever I used to ask about Mukti or Abhi, she would divert the topic.

Cabir and Navya got engaged last month and their marriage was fixed after a  month. Maa and Baba couldn't make it for the engagement as well as others. They promised to be at the big event. So, we had decided to conduct it in Paris itself. Shopping, selecting the themes for each function, guests list, makeup artists, hairdressers and other stuff was handled by Nandini and Inaaya.

Ranbir and his wife, denied to attend the marriage. After their dad's death, Cabir and him didn't have a good connection. Then they divided the property and moved away. It was difficult for Cabir but Navya helped him.

I don't know how Nandini managed to do everything. I was only helping her in the choices but she took all the responsibility upon her shoulders. She in fact enjoyed it. And this way, our bond grew more stronger as I started caring for her. This time, we got to know each other as friends. We were pretty much comfortable.

Love will find a way
Jaaniye Heeriye
Love will find a way
Jaaniye Heeriye
I looked at her as she went searching around the shopping mall. Analysing different outfits, she finally stumbled upon a good dress, which she instantly liked. It was a peach coloured lehenga, which she decided to wear it on the sangeet.

Mere mann ye bata de tu
Kis aur chala hai tu
Kya paaya nahi tune
Kya dhoondh raha hai tu
She took out a cream and peach coloured sherwani that matched her outfit. As she placed both our dresses together, her eyes twinkled. All the while, I was staring at her, the old love and affection returning back into my heart.

Jo hai ankahi
Jo hai ansuni
Wo baat kya hai bata
We paid the bill and moved out. As it started to rain, I carefully shifted all the bags into my car's trunk. While I looked back, I found her enjoying the rain.

Mitwa..
Kahe dhadkane tujhse kya
Mitwa..
Ye khud se to na tu chhupa
I held out my arm and she gladly kept hers in mine. I twirled her around and pulled her closer. She gazed at me, with water droplets all over her face. Her wet hair was obstructing my view. I gradually tucked them behind her ear.

Love will find a way
Jaaniye Heeriye
And our reverie broke. We both shifted awkwardly and moved back to the car. As I drove silently back to the house, she initiated the conversation about shopping and other stuffs. I kept hmming.

Mere mann ye bata de tu
Kis aur chala hai tu
Kya paaya nahi tune
Kya dhoondh raha hai tu
The next week, we visited a lavish hotel that we had booked for the wedding. It was only 21 days away. After the rain incident, things grew awkward but we managed to overcome it. At the moment, when Nandini was enjoying her ice cream, I looked at her intensely.