EIGHT

Update 8
Word count: 1739

It has been a week since we shared a beautiful night, gazing stars and talking nonsense.

Cabir's mood was either not good or he would be lost in his world. I didn't force him much as I knew he requires time to open up just like Nandini. And I've gained this special training from her about how to deal with people like her.

And it was an as usual Tuesday morning when I got ready and Cabir was already waiting for me at the college. He said there was something important. Mukti and Dhruv were also on the way. I received a message from her.

And without wasting a second, I rushed to the college and I saw Mukti and Dhruv were entering the gate

And without wasting a second, I rushed to the college and I saw Mukti and Dhruv were entering the gate. We reached to the backyard as Nandini said and were startled to see Cabir crying like a baby hugging Nandini.

"Cabir!" I let out a whisper.
Nandini looked at me and signalled us to stay there. We nodded in unison and waited for him to settle down.
She was continuously patting her back and was assuring him of something.

"Bhai, your friends are here." She said and he didn't raise his eyes at us. And I understood that he might have felt embarrassed because he has never shown this vulnerable side to us. I don't know how he opened up to Nandini.

"Cabir, are you okay?" Mukti asked keeping her hand on his shoulder. He nodded and Dhruv sat in front of him kneeling down.
"What happened Cabir? You know right? You can open up to us and we won't judge you. Tell us. What's bothering you?" He asked calmly.

All this while, I stood like a rock. Nandini came near me and clenched my wrist. She asked me to go forward.
I nodded and slipped the bag off my shoulder. I went near Cabir and engulfed him in my warm hug. I knew he needed it. And he did burst out in my embrace but soon he was fine.

"What happened?" Mukti asked again.
"Papa.." that's all he could say and we understood.
Cabir's father, Sameer uncle, was in London and he was handling their family business. And cabir's elder brother, Ranbir was there with their father to assist him. An year back, uncle had undergone a major surgery and he was unwell for a quite long period.

Gradually his health deteriorated and Ranbir was worried. He handled business efficiently but couldn't give uncle time. So now, he had called Cabir to shift to London as it was the last days of uncle. We understood and gave him the strength.

Nandini stood at a corner and noticed us. She gave us the time and my respect for her increased more. I don't know how she managed to calm down Cabir. But eventually she did. After some time, Cabir finally spoke up.

"Thanks Nandu. I'm sorry if I-"
"Bhai! Don't. And I'm sure, uncle will feel happy after seeing you." She squeezed his hand and blinked her eyes.
Cabir nodded and patted her forehead like a loving brother. And i was admiring their bond when Mukti hugged Nandini from her behind.