EIGHTEEN

Update 18
Word count: 1632

Paris!

What a beautiful city!

Heading to our construction site, I heaved a sigh of relief as I didn't had to see her face all the time in the flight. She owned a private jet now. So she and Inaaya with Smaran had already arrived.
Cabir, Navya and me came by the business class as my jet was required by Baba.

"Finally! We're here." Naya exclaimed.
"Don't get so excited. We've to spend 6 months here." Cabir said yawning. This fellow always wants to ruin the excitement.
"Good morning guys." Nandini said as she came to us.

I rolled my eyes.
"This is your van. Navya, you can stay with me and Inaaya in the other vanity van. Freshen up soon. We need to start our work." She said as Cabir nodded.
Me, Cabir and Smaran settled in the van. It was luxurious. And there was a symbol near the door.

As I dressed in formals, I stepped out adjusting my sleeves. She came out with the site paper and a pencil in her hand.
"What is this?" I asked looking at the symbol.
"It's the company symbol." She said.
"I know that. Why is it only two letters and that too NM?" I asked.

"Have you seriously become that dumb?" She asked as I furrowed my brows.
NM?
"Nandini Murthy." She said as I looked at her wide eyed.
"You own both the vans?" Cabir asked equally surprised.

"We're here for work purpose. And I won't discuss personal matters. Go to that tent with your equipments. Hurry." She ordered as she strode away talking to someone on the phone.
"She's still bossy." Cabir said smiling.
"You've hearing issues." I said.
"What?" He asked confused.

"Just now she said we're here for work. So shall we?" I asked smiling sarcastically.
"Fine! Navya's here. Let's go." He said pointing towards her.
The next hour, we sat in the tent discussing about the floor plan and other elements that had to be added.
Me and Nandini added few things while others were agreeing to whatever we said.

John, arrived after an hour and me, being the team leader and Nandini, being our senior site manager, met him and explained our extra additions and changes in the plan. John listened to us keenly and agreed to our ideas.

Then, we were escorted to the site.
"So this is our site. 300 acres. 67 buildings, 3 swimming pools, 4 parks, 2 clubs, 3 sport areas, a circular jogging path with an ample circumference, and 8 other blocks for miscellaneous purposes like shopping complex, grocery stores." Nandini explained.

"The front 6 blocks are managed by 500 employees while the last 7 blocks will be built after the winter season. So the next year this time, our project of 5 acres will be finished." I said making a point and others nodded.

"As the site manager, I need to explain some of the site rules." Nandini said as I looked away.

"Everyone should wear their suits." She said and I gave my suit to Smaran. She glared at me.
"No one will remove their helmet in the site." I gave the helmet to Cabir while she said.

"And most importantly, no one will leave the site without my permission." I started going away to the junior superintendents. Cabir said something to Nandini that calmed her down and I smirked.
I shook hands with the block managers and I explained everything to them.