TWENTY THREE

Update 23
Word count: 1403

As I saw her, with tears in her eyes, Mukti and Navya came forward to speak to me. But Nandini held their hands and denied, shaking her head. She went away, not speaking anything. Aryamann came near me.

"Bro, you might've mistook the whole thing. Actually I'm-"
"Listen, I don't know who you are. So back off. Don't interfere in my life." I said in my ice cold tone.
He chuckled.
"You're too impatient like she said. At least listen to what I'm saying." He retorted.

"Aryamann, not now. Come with me." Abhi took his hand and dragged him away.
"Abhimanyu Murthy. Stop playing your dirty games." He said.
I snapped my head towards their direction.
"Arya! Don't. It's my right to confront her. I'll do it now." Abhi said almost pleading.

"So you took your revenge finally. But in the process you're forgetting how much you're hurting your sister." Aryamann said glaring at him.
"Did you not tell him?" Mukti asked Abhi.
"No." He said.

"God bhii I'll kill you!" She went near him and smacked his head.
"What's happening Mukti?" Cabir asked finally.
"Abhi was playing games with these two. He was angry on Manik and decided to take some stupid revenge against him for breaking up with Nandini. And he-"

"I need to talk to you." Nandini's voice came from behind. I turned and looked at her. Nodding, I followed her as everyone looked at us with a worried frown.

She handed me a box as we neared a bench.
"What is this?" I asked.
"Things that you left with me." She answered with an expressionless face.
"You still have it?" I asked amazed.
"I didn't feel like throwing it. Now I don't want to keep it anymore." She said.

"Yes Manik. I behave according to situations." She said and paused as I rolled my eyes.
"Because I think. I saved you that day because I still loved you. Not because you helped me. And the fact that I faked Smaran's identity is true. Because I knew you needed someone. And I sent him so that I could still be in contact with you. So that I could observe what you were upto with the pain." She said crying.

"I always loved you Manik. You know why I don't talk to my parents? Because they seperated me from music. After you left, I went back to Amms. She was the one who handled me. And because of that, I wasn't concentrating on my studies properly. My parents called me back forcefully and the next day, I received a message that Amms was no more. She died due to a heartstroke and no one was there to help her." She choked as she told everything.

"The day before my parents came, I told her about you. She was happy that I finally found someone who connected me to my music. She encouraged me to talk to you and meet you. But the next day she died. And it was all my fault. I went away. I couldn't save her." She stopped crying and wiped her tears.