About Time | Damiano David

Doing something with your hands usually calmed your nerves quite a bit. As a way to stop you from picking at your nailbeds, or other things that might harm you, Damiano had once jokingly suggested you mess around with his hands instead. And well, they were some pretty hands.

He'd had gotten plenty of tattoos in his time, but you were going to get your first one right then, right there. Your left arm was being stabbed with tiny needles, while your right was busy twisting the rings on Damiano's fingers.

You didn't dare look at the tattoo artist while she was working, afraid you'd move or jump and accidentally mess her up. Instead, your eyes were locked in on his hands. Damiano. Your friend. Yeah, that's what you were. Good friends. He came with you as emotional support to get your first tattoos, like good friends would.

You, of course, were insanely head over heels for the guy. How could you not be? He was sweet, caring, but charismatic and intense. Besides, have you seen him? You were pretty sure his parents must've stolen him from heaven.

But he wasn't interested in you like that. And that was okay, you were okay with just being friends, as long as that was what made him happy.

So that's what you did. Focusing back on his hands, twisting his rings, ignoring the stinging pain coming from your left arm.

You heard a whisper which snapped you out of your trance. "How are you holding up? Need a break? I can get you something to drink if you want." Ah, always so caring. You wanted to scoff at yourself. You were so desperate it was starting to make you sick.

Instead you gave Damiano a soft smile and shook your head. "We're almost finished, anyways. I'd rather you stay here and keep me distracted."

He looked you in the eyes as he smiled and nodded, and you could just die then. God you had it bad.

Little did you know on the other side of the friendship, Damiano was going through the exact same thing. He was texting Thomas while you were getting tattooed, his phone in his right hand, your hand in his left.

_____

Thomas

How's Y/N doing?

____

Damiano

Doing great. I think it'll be like 30 more minutes and the tattoo will be finished. It's looking real good!

____

Thomas

And how are you doing? 😉

____

Damiano

I'm fine, T.

Damiano, in fact, was not fine. You were playing with his fingers absentmindedly and although he knew it was an innocent thing you did to keep your mind of things, he saw it as your little thing together.

Whenever you'd get nervous you'd instantly grab his hand, reluctantly at first. But after months he only smiled and gave you a reassuring rub between your shoulders when you'd start playing with his rings. Whenever he was feeling brave, the pat on the back was accompanied with a quick peck on the top of your head. He did that to the others all the time, so you had nothing to be suspicious of.

He liked the rings, but he'd started wearing them more when he noticed you loved to fiddle with them. He even offered to give a couple to you once, but you'd declined. "They look great on you, really finishes the look. I could never take them from you."