Chapter 1

"Madame Ping! Could you please tell us a story?"
Little Xingqiu asked excitedly.

"Ooh, ooh! A story?! I wanna hear, I wanna hear!"
Young Bennett jumped while raising his hand.

The other boys wanted to, they couldn't keep their excitement to themselves as it made quite the noise.

"Alright, alright, settle down children. Instead of a story, I will tell you a legend..."

Their eyes all sparkled with uncontrollable excitement and admiration. It was their first time hearing a legend Madame Ping was going to tell, after all. They were excited. Madame Ping then cleared her throat...

~

(Imagine this in stained glass art but animated.)
There was once a peaceful forest called "The Heart of Secrets." And there lived a happy family of three, though they weren't around from here. They were different, they were super-natural beings that don't look like they belong to this human world. They were called Elves. There was a young Elf, the daughter, who is named Fischl, one who guards her lands even at a very young age.

She was taught to guard her home. She loved her homeland very much because of how big it is to explore, though you can get lost there because of how enormous it was. However, she felt lonely being the only child in that forest with no one to play with. She would try to convince her mother and father to play with her, but they were always busy guarding to place as well.

Until one day, both of her parents called to her to give her something very special. It was an artifact, carved like the real heart of any other person. It was given to her as a gift for herself.. however, it had its fair share of its darkest secrets that it contained itself from her. Her mother and father explained to her the reasoning for that gift. They explained that when both of them pass away in a tragic death, Fischl would have to place the artifact she knew in her childhood. And if she places the artifact in that specific place, it would reveal its dark secrets until her parents passed away and when she grows up.

She was still very young at that time when she was given the artifact, yet she listened — but still didn't quite understand the reasoning for her parents' sudden generosity of giving a piece of jewelry. She took gentle care with the artifact, almost like it was exquisite, rare, and important jewelry to her. She told herself that she was never going to place it in a specific place because it was too pretty to be given away.

But on one night, when Fischl was sleeping soundly on her bed when she heard a woman and man scream which made her wake up to the noise. She ran out of her house to go to the designated location where she had heard the scream. When she reached the location, she saw blood down at her feet. She looked in horror but convinced herself that what she was thinking was not true. But then, she saw a torch in the distance and some angry commoners who checked around the area. She was only a child at that time, her brain couldn't process what happened. When they left, she followed the blood trail, only to find her mother and father dead. With the horror of her parents, dead in front of her, it struck the poor girl. It traumatized her. Blood seeping and spilling, forming into a pool of blood below her bare feet. Fear and agony were in the little girl's eyes, dropping down on her knees — begging for them to wake up, shaking their bodies. After countless tears that have fallen from her eyes, she let out a bloodcurdling scream of despair, concluding in her mind that the death of her parents was real.

As she stood up with not a single shine in her irises, the blood of her parents stained her feet, legs, and hands. She looked at her hand, colored blood red. With anger and sorrow boiling in her veins, her hands shook. She clenched her fists. The next thing she knew, was that a purple Raven appeared in front of her with the moon's glow as its spotlight.