Chapter 3

Small note: Fischl does not sound like herself for now but in the following chapters, she will sound like her fancy-schmancy self!

⚠️This chapter has some slight blood and gore, if you do not like any of these, please feel free to skip the scene! I care for the safety of my readers.⚠️

"Phew, that was a close one..."
She sighed in relief.

"You almost got caught there."

"Yeah, if I reacted quicker, I wouldn't be in this... exhausted state. But I still need to kill them. I was ordered to do it in the first place."

The Elf then got out some padded leg hold traps and quietly also sneakily placed them near where the boys are without being detected this time. Oz didn't say a word. But inside of his mind, he knew the boys mean no harm and have good intentions, just like other adventurers. However, if he were to speak of this subject to her, she'd refuse. Her shell is a tough one to crack, not even Oz can do that even if he's been there by her side for all those years. (If you're curious about what type of bear trap that is, feel free to search in Google.)

Back with the boys...

"Split up, we need to find her."
Bennett commanded.

"Why, exactly?"
Xingqiu asked.

"Uh... I just want to.."

And they both split up going in different directions. They didn't ask what Bennett's reason was and that was pretty rare. But he didn't have the time to act a little shook. He went northeast of the sitting stone, wandering into the thick forest once more. Though, as he moved forward, his pace went slower with every step he took. The eerie silence and the foggy ground were there to company him. It felt creepy and spooky. And yet he still has the brave within him. He heard bushes and leaves rustling, leaving him to shift his head frantically at every direction the sound was coming from. He rubbed his arms, shuddering. Roaming around furthermore, he heard something that made him unsheathe his sword quickly.

CLICK

"Who's there?!"
He shouted.

No response. He put back his sword, shaking, and then continued to walk. But that suddenly, very suddenly changed when he got stuck in the padded leghold bear trap.

CLANK

"AAAAAAHHHH—"
He screamed in pain, sitting down as he tried to get the trap out of his feet.

"Shut it."
She jumped to him and slapped his mouth shut, harshly.

Though when their eyes met, they hesitated. It wasn't because they have the same eye color, but it was something different. Something they haven't seen nor felt before. However, she denied it. She quickly changed her expression and grabbed an arrow from her quiver, placing the blade of the arrowhead near Bennett's neck.

"Tell me who you are! And why must you trespass to this place?!"
She growled, gripping the arrow tight as the arrowhead meets Bennett's neck.

"I-I'm sorry! I was just curious about this, I didn't mean—"
He started to sweat, trying to rip the bear trap apart but it was too strong to do so with ease.

"You didn't mean to? It looks like it was on purpose! Why were you curious?!"

She was becoming angry every second, laying all of her emotions and anger towards the unfortunate soul. And with the anger spilling like a cup of coffee, she slowly but surely dug the arrow on his neck, cutting the skin slowly, making it bleed. She was becoming very impatient. She gripped his hair to cause more pain to him, forcing him to spit out the reasoning for his actions.