Chapter 4

"Will I die being a killer?"

This shocked Oz the most. It was his first time hearing this from her, of course, he'd be in shock. She looked at him with the saddest eyes Oz has seen. Her eyes were sparkling with water as they flowed down her cheeks and into her clothes. She was expecting an answer, even though Oz looked speechless. Her eyes were red the more she cried. And some of the tears had dried up.

"I... I don't know. Only the Archons may know what happens-"

"Are they even proud of me..?"

"Y-yes.. because you are continuing to guard your homeland for the safety of yourself and this forest we live in."

She sighed. None of this made a difference to her. She didn't know why she felt sad as the years went by, guarding her home. She felt so confident before, it was like it faded. The humans she killed, armed or not, she realized everything she has done was wrong. But she couldn't escape it, no matter how hard she tried, it was against the orders she had taken. It was like she signed a contract with no deal written in it — a blind contract. She stood up and went to her home for rest. Oz followed as well, not saying another word.

RUSTLE RUSTLE

She didn't hear the rustling of bushes because her crying was in the way of her hearing. But Oz heard it.

"Mein Fräulein, someone's with us. Stay quiet."

Oz immediately knew it was the boys. Who else was in the forest beside the guardians?

"W-what?"

Her reaction to his command was a bit late, leading to a result of bumping into them. They were both shocked. However, Fischl unsheathed her bow swiftly, loading her bow with an arrow she grabbed from her quiver. Bennett, Xingqiu, and Chongyun all got out their weapons. Razor didn't because he had to support Bennett.

"Please, we're not here to hurt you..."
Bennett said.

The two blue-haired boys also didn't want to harm her, even though she was violent on the outside. The three boys loosened their grip with the handles of their weapon, signaling they mean no harm. However, she wasn't accepting this just yet. Therefore, she did not let go of her grip on the handle of her bow and arrow.

"Why must you four come here to this sacred place? Is it because of the legend that one told long ago?"

"How did you know..?"
Xingqiu asked.

"A boy named Bennett told me."
Fischl slightly loosened her grip, lowering her bow down a bit.

Xingqiu, Chongyun, and Razor all looked at Bennett. Bennett glanced at everyone, then at her. She then proceeded to hold it tight again.

"You need to leave before it's too late. But if you must stay here any longer, I will not hesitate to cut your heads off."
She lowly said with a husky voice, hopefully threatening them.

"Mein Fräulein, they mean no harm. Spare their lives just this once."

Even Oz didn't want any more bloodshed. She didn't want more blood either, but she had to act it out. She lowered her bow greatly and glanced at Oz.

"But... my orders!"

"Set them aside, for now, it'll be fine, I promise.."

She sighed, then glanced back at the boys.

"I'll spare you just this once. Get on my nerves and you'll regret it. Fully."

"Great! I get to live until tomorrow!"
Bennett cheered with happiness.

"Don't jinx it."
She scoffed.

Bennett was internally hurt from this. She was colder than a block of ice in Dragonspine. She walked away, going to her home.