Chapter 5

. . . .

Fischl's breathing was shaking. She was clearly nervous, terrified even. She was in a dark room that seemed endless, there were no doors to the exits either. It was all just a black room. She wandered for goodness, who knows how long? However, during the long times of walking through, she felt being watched by many. Yet she couldn't see or know where the eyes laid upon her. Frantically shifting her head towards every direction with anxiety-filled inside. She got scared that someone might be at the back of her, so she turned around swiftly. No one was there with her. Though she kept looking at her back to check. Fischl couldn't take the dead silence so she ran to escape it. But she couldn't.

Until she found a door. She was very skeptical but curious at the same. She went near it. It was only a door. She looked at it, circled around it. Yep, it was just a door. She opened the door and she just saw the same darkness from ahead. She stuck out her arm to check if it was safe. It was... for now. She walked through the doorway hoping to just walk past, but her expectations sank. Just like how she sank into the dark abyss. She fell, hitting her head hard on the ground. Fischl wasn't ready for the impact and the fall was pretty high. She grunted and moaned in pain, placing a hand on her head as the ringing in her ears began not from the silence, but from the impact of her head. She felt dizzy immediately. But that all changed when she felt liquid on her other hand that was holding her balanced.

Fischl was confused at first, then, she gasped — sitting up and looking at her hand. It was blood, fresh too. Her beady eyes started to move in terror as she looked ahead. There, she saw the number of bodies she has killed over the years of her defending her home from trespassers. She really didn't expect to see that many bodies, piled upon one another. Their blood was dripping, then spilling all over the floor. She stood up with frightening emotions overflowing her mind. Fischl heard a dripping sound, she tracked where that sound was coming from. And she looked up to the ceiling to see one of the victims she killed, nailed there to hang. She stepped back as she saw what horrors lies within this room, but then she felt something as her foot though it laid the ground. Turning around, she saw the dead body of Oz, Xingqiu, Chongyun, Razor, and Bennett, lying there with their eyes bloody. She saw how frightening this was, especially when she saw Oz had his wing ripped out.

She wanted to cry, but she couldn't. Fischl's terrified emotions overcame her too much that she just couldn't let tears fall, she wasn't prepared for this... at all. Her upper body was frozen in fear, her hands sweating, her legs shaking, and her heart beating too fast. But then... she felt a hand touch her arm, making her look back and make a deep gasp.

RUMBLE

3:43 am, Fischl woke up to the sound of near thunder, roaring from the sky. She immediately sat up with herself drenched in sweat. She can still remember bits and pieces of her nightmare. She exhaled sharply with panic until she finally settled down as she looked at her surroundings. She touched her face and body to confirm that she wasn't in her nightmare anymore, she wasn't. She hesitantly got up from her bed to grab a match and light the lamp so she can see. It took her some time to find it but she eventually did after the lightning striked, shining the light upon her room. And then the thunder roared once more. She grabbed her towel to take a warm bath before going to sleep.

After her warm bath...

Fischl dried herself and got her new pair of pajamas, then changed inside the bathroom, becoming cautious of changing while Oz was there. Even if he was in a deep sleep, she still didn't want to change there while he was on his pole sleeping. No one wouldn't like to expose themselves like that, right? That'd be dumb. Once she did, she went back to her bed but got startled as the thunder growled. And it was really loud. After that, she snuggled up under her blankets and tried to fall asleep. But she couldn't because she felt something or someone was watching her, but there wasn't really. She was just anxious to fall asleep because of her nightmare. But then eventually fell asleep after blinking multiple times.