Chapter 6

Lightning struck, flashing the inside of the house. Xingqiu instantly, without hesitation, huddled and grabbed Chongyun by the sleeve. Then the thunder growled, loudly. Causing Xingqiu to make a short, high-pitched scream.

YAWN

Both Chongyun and Xingqiu peeked their heads, glancing at Razor. They watched as they saw Razor get up sluggishly from his sleep. Chongyun looked at Xingqiu, knowing that he had woken Razor from his sleep. Razor got up to stretch, and all that was heard in the room was his grunts. He looked for the others, but it wasn't long until they saw their heads looking at him. Razor approached them and sat down in front of them, rubbing his eye to wake himself up fully.

"Sorry Razor.."
Xingqiu apologized.

In response, Razor tilted his head, confused as to why he apologized as he sat down.

"I woke you up, so I'm sorry."

"Waken up, by you? Got disturbed by thunder. It's fine!"

Xingqiu exhaled a strong sigh of relief.
"I'm glad you're understanding!"

Razor nodded in response. Then, there he saw the book Chongyun had. He went closer to inspect to opened book, but he sneezed from the dust. Of course, he looked away from the others when he sneezed.

"Bless you."
Chongyun said.

Razor hummed as a thank you. He went back to investigating the book closely. Chongyun gave the book to him and Razor did not hesitate to read it. He read, but he didn't quite understand a little bit. But as he connected to dots, reading it more, his eyes widened. Once he was done reading, he glared at both of the blue-haired boys.

"Yeah, we need to inform her..."
Xingqiu finally agreed.

With Fischl...

Since the rain was unexpected and heavy, Fischl was half soaked. She went to her room to change after being heated by the fire. She locked her door so that no one would come in suddenly. When she was done, she removed her hair ties, fluffing her hair. Then grabbed her towel that was given by Bennett and dried her hair, but—

KNOCK KNOCK

She was interrupted by the sound of knocking. She unlocked the door, opening it and only to be greeted with Bennett holding a cup of hot chocolate.

"Is that hot chocolate?"

Bennett didn't answer for he was mesmerized by Fischl's beauty, and with her hair half wet and sort of messy, he couldn't help but lay his eyes onto her. Pink blush streaked across his cheeks as he stared more, not knowing that Fischl is just getting uncomfortable just by him staring at her.

"Hey! Stop staring at me."
Fischl snapped her fingers once.

There, his attention went back to reality.

"Ah.. sorry... And, uh, yes, this is hot chocolate for you because you were shivering."

Bennett gave the hot chocolate to Fischl. She held it, it was still warm. And it smelled good too. She sniffed the aroma and released a huge sigh of relaxation and comfort. Ah, the good smell of hot chocolate on a rainy day. Delicious, no?

"You really shou—"

A flash streaked through, and it was bright. Unlike the other one, this one took its time. Fischl braced herself for the loud cackle of the thunder, closing her eyes and squinting her face. She held the cup tightly so that she wouldn't toss it over, making a mess if the thunder scares her. After a few seconds, the thunder did the loudest cackle Fischl and Bennett heard. Fischl opened her eyes in shock, looking back at the window then at Bennett. Then, out of the blue, she started to giggle at Bennett. She tried to contain her laughter, which made her cheeks puff up.