Chapter 19 - American Bandstand

LA, California
February 21, 1970

12:02 PM

~Tito's POV~

Me and my brothers all get ready to go to perform on American Bandstand. I put on my clothes and grab my Guitar.

"TITO?! HAVE YOU SEEN MY GUITAR?" Jermaine shouts, searching for his Guitar.

"Yes, It's in here, come get it!" I yell.

"Hurry up or y'all will be late!" Joseph shouts. "There's a truck out there waiting for y'all, go!" He says, watching us walk out of the door.

Me and my brothers all rush outside and get into the car.

"Hello boys." Melvin says to us. Melvin is our CURRENT driver. He drives us to places we need to go, or places we want to go.

"Hey, Melvin." We all say, smiling at him.

"Good luck on your show today. Put your all into this." He says, watching the road as he drives.

"We will, thanks Melvin." Jackie says.

~~~

~Michaels POV~

We all arrive at our destination and thank Melvin while we get out of the car. There are thousands of fans screaming our names. About 5 to 10 body guards come and escort us into the building. We see Dick Clark and walk up to him.

"Hey boys! Are you ready, the show is almost about to start." Clark asks.

"Yeah we're ready." Tito says, shaking his hand.

The rest of us follow Tito's actions and walk up behind the curtain to our spots.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please greet for their first visit, The Jackson 5!" Clark says looking over at us.

Me and my brother start to perform 'I Want You Back.'

"Uh huh huh huh huh

"Uh huh huh huh huh." I sing "Lemme tell ya now, uh huh."

"When I had ya to myself, I didn't want you around, those pretty faces always made you stand out in a crowd."

"But someone picked you from the bunch, one glance was all it took. Now it's much to late for me-"

("To take a second look.") My brothers sing, vocalizing.

"Oh, baby, give me one more chance."

("To show you that I love you.")

"Won't you please let me-"

("Back in your heart.")

"Oh darlin' I was blind to let you go."

("Let you go, baby.")

"But now since I see you in his arms."

("I Want You Back")

"Yes, I do now."