Chapter 3 - Jackie Jackson?

May 4, 1951
Gary, Indiana

4:12 AM

~Katherine's POV~

As I snore softly in the bed, I hear my alarm clock go off. I groan and turn it off. I'm already 9 months pregnant with my son and it feels like it's been a year. He could be due today or tomorrow, but all I know is that he's ready to be born. As I get up from the bed, trying not to wake Joseph, I get kind of uncomfortable. It's probably another contraction coming. I walk over to the bathroom and feel liquids fall out of me. Now when I tell you I screamed, I screamed. Not just a yelp. A SCREAM. As I'm screaming Joseph Jerks up from the bed and looks confused.

"What the hell are you screaming for? I'm trying to sleep." He says tiredly.

"Joseph, get off your lazy ass and take me to the hospital my water just broke!" I scream at him. He gets up from the bed and runs over to me, carrying me bridal style. Joseph runs outside to the car and puts me in. I'm still screaming cause this shit hurts man.

"Could you quiet down just a little bit? We have other people in this neighborhood trying to sleep." He says annoyed.

"Just drive BOY!" I yelp in pain. He continues to drive, picking up the speed.

We reach the hospital and they take me in. I'm in so much pain, like I can't even describe this. It feels like somebody stabbed the shit out of me down there. The doctor put me in a hospital gown and try to calm me down. After a few minutes I'm calm. Me and Joseph are waiting until it's time for me to give birth. We sit there in silence, as my eyelids begin to get heavy, Joseph says something.

"He's going to look just like me." He says proudly. My eyes snap open. "He's going to look like me too, the hell?" I say, obviously mad.

"I guess it's somebody's time of the month.." He trails off.

"Joseph, I have no time for your bullshit today." I say, rolling my eyes.

"I'm just saying bec-" He begins to say.

The door slams open. In comes 4 nurses. Oh no. It's time. "Mrs. Jackson?" One nurse says kindly. I look at her weakly. "Are you ready to give birth?" She says with a big grin. I nod my head.

This is going to be something to remember..

~Joseph's POV~

Of course, I had to leave the room. Like what kind of shit is that? Making me leave the room while my wife is giving birth to MY child. I should be able to see my son. I know what they're doing. They're trying to-

I get cut off by a loud scream. I jump in my seat, startled. I look back to see what's going on. "Oh, I forgot I was waiting on Katherine.." I say lowly so only I could here.

"You look lonely" Someone whispers in my ear.

I turn around quick just to see that it's Cheryle. I let out a quick breath.

"Cheryle, what are you doing here?" I say, trying to be quiet. "And how do you even know we were here?" I say. "I have my ways." She says with a smirk. "Anyways, how are you baby?" She says, kissing my neck.

"Cheryle we can't- not right not baby." I say, getting interrupted by her kisses. "Why not?" She says, pouting. "Because Katherine is in there giving birth and you know what we talked about. She can't know we're together." I say softly. She stares at me blankly.

"Ok? And? She doesn't have to know, we can just leave her here." she says in a stern tone. I stare at her like she's a fool. "Cheryle, I cant leave her here, that's stupid." I say not looking her in the eye. "How is it stupid?" She says, raising an eyebrow. "Because, first of all she's having MY child. Second of all she'll get skeptical. Third of all I just don't want to leave her here that's not right. I promise you I'll come and see you later on today, ok baby?" I say, kissing her cheek.

"Ok fine, only because I love you." She says. "I'll see you later Joe." She waves at me.

I could have gotten caught whats her problem? At least Kathe-

"Mr. Jackson?" I womanly voice says to me.

I swear if someone interrupts my thoughts one more time.

I turn around with a fake smile
plastered across
my face.

"Yes?" I smile. "You son is here and is in good health. You may come in if you want to." She says, smiling. I nod my head and walk in. As i'm walking in, I see Katherine holding our little baby boy. I walk up to her and hold her in my arms along with our child.

"What's his name?" I ask softly.

She pauses to think. "Jackie?" She says. "Jackie Jackson?" She smiles. "I like that." I say. "Hi, Jermaine." I say. "Your going to be a great mother." I hold her closer.

"And your going to be a great father." She says looking up at me. I smile down at her.

That's what she thinks..

Authors Note: Oh, Lord. What's this boy up to now? He so weird. You know what I think? I think he betta Skedaddle. 🤣🤣

Anyways tell me what y'all think. <3

~The one and only, M.