Chapter 8 - The Start To SuperStardom

Gary, Indiana
June 21, 1964

4:18 PM

~Tito's POV~

"Tito, you better put that guitar down before Joseph gets you." My brother, Jermaine says. "I'm not going to break it Jermaine, calm down." I say in disbelief. "He gets home at 5:00, and when he sees that in your hand you're dead
meat Tito." Jermaine pushes farther.

I ignore him, still playing the guitar.

"Oh, now you want to ignore me? I'm doing this for your own safety Tito." Jermaine says.

"Look Jermaine, I wouldn't be that stupid to break this guitar knowing that I have a bloodthirsty father that will eat me alive if I do. I'm not that stupi-"

I'm cut off by a loud bang coming from the Guitar falling on the ground.

Oh no.

We all get silent.

"See, what did Jermaine tell you Tito. Now you gonna get the black slapped off of you." Jackie says.

I'm still silent.

"Now he doesn't want to talk because he realizes what he just did." Jermaine says, smacking his teeth.

"I'm in trouble.. aren't I.." I turn slowly around to look at Jackie and Jermaine.

"Yes." They both say in union.

"DO SOMETHING!" I yell at them, scared for my life.

"WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO?" Jermaine yells back.

"Yeah, this isn't my business.." LaToya says, walking away.

Ok, I need to think. What could I do to fix this guitar..?

"Nothing smarty pants you broke it." Jermaine suddenly says.

"What?" I stare at him. "I said that out loud?" I say, embarrassed. "Yes you did, and maybe you should just except the fact that you just might not live to see 1965." Jermaine says looking away from me. "What do you mean?" I say, trying to find an answer.

"I mean your not going to be alive because Joseph is going to murder yo-"

We all stop chattering when we hear the door unlocking.

I feel sweat dripping down from my forehead. I look over at Jermaine and see him giving me an apologetic, yet awkward smile.

This is it for me.

~Joseph's POV~

As I unlock the door and walk into the house I see all of the boys standing there looking weird. I raise an Eyebrow.

"What?" I ask, kinda creeped out.

"Uhm, nothing. We were just.. uh-"

"About to go take a walk down the drive way and then come back up again." Jermaine says, sarcastically.

Ok, now I'm confused. Why are they acting weird? Like they just broke something.

"Uh, alright anyways, I'm going to play my guitar and work on my skills." I say walking past them only to find my guitar gone. I stand there, not knowing what to say.

I told these boys not to touch my guitar.

"Where.. Is.. My.. Guitar.." I say, getting angry.

"I'm so sorry Joseph, we were just trying to-"

"Wait hold up who is "We" ?" Jackie says, backing up.

I start to get angry.

"WHERE IS IT AT?" I yell at them, making them jump.

"I broke it on accident I didn't mean to I was just trying to practice my skills." Tito says, crying.

"Man he dropped it." Marlon says, nonchalantly.

"Marlon shut up.." Jackie says, elbowing Marlons arm.

"WHAT SKILLS DO YOU HAVE TITO??" I argue with him. "Give me me guitar.. NOW."

Tito quickly shows me the guitar and backs up slowly.

I stare at it in utter disbelief.

Somebody is going to get the beating of a lifetime.

~Jackies POV~

I watch as Joseph stares at the broken guitar. Out of nowhere Joseph grabs Tito and starts to slap him and hit him. We all gasp out in fright.

"DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO STAY OFF OF MY SHIT TITO?" He yells.

Tito is to hurt to even speak right now. We have to do something to stop this.

"WAIT!" Jermaine screams.

We all stare at him. "How about me and Tito show you that we are
capable of using guitars? Please Joseph?" Jermaine begs. Joseph stops hitting Tito and waits for someone to make a move. "Don't you have extra guitars in your room?" Jermaine says. "Let me go get them." He says, leaving the room.

Joseph stares at every singe one of us deeply. I get uncomfortable and shift to the right, standing next to Michael. After a few moments, Jermaine comes back into the room with two guitars. He hands Tito one.

I hope this goes well.

~Michaels POV~

I sit there watching Tito and Jermaine play the guitars. I am honestly blown away by this. I never knew they could play so good. I join into the song and start to sing the lyrics.

"I've got sunshine" I sing. "On a cloudy day. When it's cold outside, I've got the month of
May. I guess you'd say, what could make me feel this way.. My Girl." We all sing together.

Joseph sits there in awe. Suddenly he starts clapping.

We all stop what we are doing and look at him, confused about his actions.

"That was actually good." Joseph says blankly.

"You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to buy instruments and microphones for you guys. Your going to take this talent and put it out to the whole entire world." He says looking at each and every one of us.

We all look at each other and smirk.

This could lead to good terms..

Authors Note: Phew, this was a long chapter.
I hope you guys liked it.

The Jackson 5 is forming ..
👏🏽👏🏽

New chapters coming soon..

Tell me what y'all all think about this long chapter.

Don't forget to vote!

~Love, M.