Chapter 26 - Jim Nabors

LA, California
September 17, 1970

3:10 PM

~Michaels POV~

This is the first time me and my brothers are going to be performing 'I'll Be There' on a TV program. We haven't performed live in 2 months and I think it's time we get back on track.

As me and my brothers walk inside the building, I already spot people gathered up in the arena. We walk onto the stage that's covered by a red, cloth cover up. My brothers start to get in their places on the stage, as I walk up to the mic stand and grab the microphone.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Today, we have the wonderful, Jackson 5 here with us today to perform their number 1 hit from their newest album. Why don't you give them a round of applause?" Jim says as everyone claps while the curtain opens.

"You and I, must make a pact. We must bring salvation back. Where there is love, I'll Be There." I start.

("I'll Be There.")

"I'll reach out my hand to you. I'll have faith in all you do. Just call my name.. and I'll be there." I say, taking the mic away from my mouth, letting Jermaine start his part.

"And ohh.. I'll be there to comfort you. Build my world of dreams around you, I'm so glad that I found you. I'll be there with a love that's strong, I'll be your strength, and I'll keep holding on.."

"Holding on." I say.

"Holding on.." Marlon adds on.

"Holding on." Jermaine ends.

"Let me fill your heart with joy and laughter. Togetherness, girl is all I'm after.. whenever you need me, I'll be there."

("I'll Be There.")

"I'll be there to protect you." I sing, my veins becoming more visible.

"Yeah, baby."

"With an unselfish love that respects you. Just call my name, and I'll be there."

"And ohh, I'll be there to comfort you. Build my world of dreams around you, I'm so glad that I found you. I'll be there with a love that's strong. I'll be your strength. I'll keep holding on. Oooh.."

"Holding on" I begin.

"Yes I'll be."

"Holding on."

"Yes I'll be."

"If you should ever find someone new, I know he better be good to you. Cause if he doesn't, I'll be there.

("I'll Be There.")

"Don't ya know, baby yeah, yeah. I'll be there! I'll be there. Just call my name, and I'll be there."

"Just look over your shoulders, honey. Ooh! I'll be there! I'll be there! Whenever you need me, I'll be there." I say, trotting across the stage.

"Don't ya know, baby, yeah, yeah. I'll be there! I'll be there! Just call my name. I'll be there. Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh! I'll be there! I'll be there! Just call my name, and I'll be there." I sing, finishing the song. The audience starts clapping as me and my brothers take a bow.

"Give it up for the Jackson 5!" Jim announces, grinning big.

Me and my brothers take another bow and walk off stage and say our goodbyes to Jim as we exit the building.

"Good stuff, boys." Joseph says to us as we get inside the Limo.

"Thanks." Jermaine says.

"Thank you." I reply to him with a sharp tone. He shoots me a glare before getting into the car with us.

"I guess I could give you guys a little break when you get back home." Joseph says, trying to start a conversation.

"But don't get too comfortable. It's temporary." He says, smiling.

I stare at him blankly for a moment.

"Temporary?" I ask, still looking at him.

"Yes. That is what I said, right?"

"Well, yeah, I heard what you said but, why does It have to be 'Temporary'?" I ask.

"Because stars don't take breaks, THEY WORK. And that's what you guys will do. So, therefore, your breaks are limited. So get used to it. You probably should have by now." He says, shrugging.

I scoff and turn my head to look out of the window.

Authors Note: Hey, guys! Hope you liked this chapter. Sorry for the slow updates, me and my family are going through some stuff, but it will get better, eventually.

~Love, M. 💜