Chapter 20 - The Day Off Goes Wrong

LA, California
February 27, 1970

7:28 AM

~Joseph's POV~

I get up out of bed waking Katherine.

"Katherine." I whisper. "We have to go to that meeting today, remember?" I ask her still shaking her arm.

She groans and turns away from
me.

"Katherine, you know I don't like being late." I say with a straight face.

"Ok, fine I'm getting up." She says, getting up and walking over to the bathroom. I'll just use the bathroom out in the hallway and I'll wash in there. I walk out of the room, shutting the door and I walk down the hallway. While I'm out here I should probably check on the boys.

I walk over to Tito's room and peek in.

Snoring.

I walk over to Jackies room.

Knocked out.

I walk over to Marlons room.

Tossing and turning.

"Jesus, the sleep is that good?" I whisper to myself.

I walk over to Jermaines room.

Blanket over his head.

Don't suffocate yourself now, boy.

I make it over to Michaels room and look inside.

Laying on his face.

Is he breathing?

I stop what I'm doing to see If I can hear anything.

"Mm." Michael groans in his sleep, turning around to lay on his side.

Ok, phew. I thought he was out.

I walk inside the bathroom and get ready.

~~~
1 Hour Later

"Are you ready, Kath?" I ask.

"Yeah, let's go. I'm going to leave a note on the counter telling the boys we'll be back." She says.

"Well, alright." I say.

"I think we should bring Janet and Randy with us. She's only Four, what if the kill her by accident, after all they are boys." I say, looking over at Janets room.

"Joseph, they're not going to kill their sister. And Randy can stay here with his brothers, they're not going to do anything, and Jackie knows what to do, he can watch Janet. Now come on, I thought you didn't like being late." She says unlocking the front door and walking out of it."

"They better not." I say to myself in a low tone while walking out of the door, shutting it closed.

~Jackies POV~

I wake up from my sleep and stretch. that felt good, holy. I open the door to my room and walk out. It's quiet.. a little to quiet. I walk into the kitchen and see a note on the table. My mother and father are at a meeting? Well I just know that's gonna be long. I grab the paper and put it in the trash. I walk into the living room and turn on the TV. I'll just watch some TV until everybody wakes up. Hopefully nobody wakes up soon because I'm kinda liking this silence.

I decided to turn on The Three Stooges. I begin to kick back in the chair until I hear a door open.

"Yooooo!" Jermaine says, calling out of the bedroom.

"Oh my gosh. I wanted to be out here ALONE." I say to him.

"Hey, I live here too ya know?" He says, walking into the kitchen.

"I'm hungry, what's for breakfast?" Jermaine asks.

"Joseph and mother aren't here. They left for a meeting. They aren't going to be here for a while so go help yourself." I say.

"I guess I'll be eating cereal." He says.

"Where's the milk-"

"Can you keep it down?! I'm trying to sleep. This is just flat out disrespectful coming from the BOTH of y-" Michael begins to say, walking out of his room.

"Do ANY of you mind? I'm SLEEPING." Marlons shouts, with his door wide open.

"Don't you yell at me, Marlon. I was sleeping before you." Michael starts.

"And then you woke up which woke ME up!" Marlon argues.

"Why are y'all even in here arguing? I was the last one to fall asleep last night and I wake up to this mess." Tito starts to arguing back, walking out of his room.

"You're not in this, Tito." I say.

"You're not in it either Jackie, you still haven't answered my question. Where's the MILK?!" Jermaine shouts at me.

"You don't know how to look for stuff. You know, Jermaine, If your eyes were as big as your mouth, you would be able to find the milk." I say to him, getting up from the couch.

"This is sad." Tito says.

"Don't you even go there Tito." Marlon starts.

Next thing you know, we're all arguing over the stupidest thing until..

"HEYYY!!!" Randy yells.

We all stop what we're doing and look at him.

"Now you ruined MY sleep. I can't even concentrate on my nap with all of you yelling in here like this." Randy says, angry.

"Well sorry we didn't reach your expectations, sir." Jermaine says.

"See, this is what Im talking about Jermaine. You always saying something out of line. Keep looking for your milk until you find it." I say rolling my eyes.

"I would be able to find it if MICHAEL DIDN'T INTERRUPT ME." Jermaine yells.

"Don't blame this on me, It's Marlons fault he came out yelling for no reason. He just needs to go back to sleep, he's obviously not in the BRIGHTEST mood.." Michael says.

"We wouldn't be standing here if it wasn't for Michael." Marlon shouts.

"What did I do?! You basically woke EVERYBODY up." Michael says, looking at Marlon.

"No, that was Jermaine." I say,
glaring at him.

"All of you just shut your mouths before I shut it for you! Don't any of you have respect for people sleeping?" LaToya says, standing in her door way.

"Now, this is really sad seeing this coming from you guys. Why are
you even arguing." LaToya asks.

"Because Michael decided to ye-" Marlon begins to say.

"Watch it Marlon before I use my hand as a WEAPON."

"You won't be using ANYTHING as a weapon." LaToya says.

"Just get what you need to get and MOVE ON." She says, walking back into her room.

"Who shat in her mouth today.." Jermaine says.

"Watch you mouth. That's disgusting." I say

We all laugh and fake gag at Jermaines comment.

~Michaels POV~

Me and my brothers are sitting down on the couch eating Ice cream. It took all six of us to
calm down by LaToya having to yell at us. Now, that is sad. But in the end, we still joke around as brothers and we all get along.

At least we try to.

Authors Note: Hey, guys! I hope you liked this story. I thought it was funny asl.

This chapter was just a little peek at what they do at home.

Vote! 🗳

~Love, M.