5

People were being pulled out of their classes to be questioned about where they were last night and if they knew the victims. No one had said anything to me yet so I was sure if they knew I was even there when everything went down. At lunch, Me, Billy, Stu, Tatum, Randy, and Sidney all sat outside by the fountain.

"What kind of questions did they ask you, Sidney?" Tatum asked. She was sitting beside Stu with Sidney on her other side and Randy beside Sidney. Billy was laying down and I sat between his legs beside Stu. "They asked me if I knew Casey," Sidney said. "They asked me that too," Tatum said. Billy, Stu, Me, and Tatum all had Biology together so they knew it was not questioned. "Hey, did they ask if you like to hunt?" Stu asked Billy. "Yeah, they did. Did they ask you?" Billy asked. "Why would they ask you if you liked to hunt?" Tatum asked. "Because their bodies were gutted," Randy said. I was looking down playing with the hem of my skirt. Billy sat up and wrapped his arms around my waist laying his chin on my shoulder.

"Thank you, Randy," Billy said. "They didn't ask me if I like to hunt," Tatum said. "Cause there's no way a girl could've killed 'em," Stu said. I looked up at him and Tatum. "That is so sexist. The killer could easily be female basic instinct," Tatum said. "That was in ice pick. Not exactly the same thing," Randy said. "Yeah, Casey and Steve were completely hollowed out," Stu chimed in. "And the fact is, it takes a man to do something like that."

"Or a man's mentality," Tatum said.

"What did they ask you, y/n?" Sidney asked. I looked up at them and shook my head. "They did question me," I said. "Why?" Randy asked. "Because I was questioned last night," I said quietly. "Why were you questioned last night?" Sidney asked. "She was there when it happened," Stu told them. "What? Oh, my god, y/n! Why you even at school?" Sidney asked. "Because I didn't want to be home by myself," I said. It was silent for a while between the six of us. Billy pulled me closer to him and kissed my temple. "How do you gut someone?" Sidney asked looking down.

There was more silence until Stu decided to open his bog mouth. "You take a knife, and you slit 'em from the groin to sternum," he said looking at her. I punched his arm and he looked at me. "Hey, it's called tact, you fuck rag," Billy said. "Sorry," Stu mumbled. He wasn't wrong though. That is exactly what happened to Steve and Casey.

"Hey, Stu, didn't you used to date Casey?" Sidney asked. "Yeah, for like two seconds," he said laughing. "Before she dumped him for Steve," Randy said. I shook my head when Tatum looked at Stu. "I thought you dumped her for me," she said. "I did. He's full of shit," Stu said glaring at Randy. "And are the police aware that you dated the victim?" Randy said. "What are you saying? That I killed her?" Stu asked. "It would certainly improve your high school, Q," Randy said. I laughed at that. "Oh, my god. Stu? Do you think Stu killed her? Oh, come on. The only way that would happen is If someone talked him into it. He isn't smart enough to make a plan like that then actually see it out. Besides, why would he want to? He has Tatum. Casey didn't mean shit to him," I said.

Stu turned and looked at me. "What makes you think I couldn't?" He asked offended. "Stu, I'm your sister. Your twin sister at that. You're a follower, not a leader. So, unless Billy talked you into it then you are definitely not the killer," I said. I felt Billy stiffen behind me and Stu looked over my head at him. "That's just ridiculous," Billy said. "Besides, Stu was with me last night," Tatum said. "Yeah, I was," Stu said smiling. "Gross," I mumbled. "Was that before or after he sliced and diced," Randy said. I flinched at that and Billy intertwined his fingers with mine.

"Fuck you, nutcase, where were you last night?" Tatum asked. "Working, thank you," Randy told her. "At the video store?" I asked. "I thought they fired your ass?" Tatum asked. "Twice," he said smiling. "I didn't kill anybody," Stu said looking down. I grabbed his hand and he looked up at me. "Nobody said you did," Billy told him. "Thanks, buddy," he said and squeezed my hand. "Besides, it takes a man to do something like that," Randy said mocking Stu. "I'm gonna guy your add in a second, kid," Stu said.

"Tell me something," Randy said and stood up. "Did you really put her liver in the mailbox? Cause I heard that they found her liver in the mailbox next to her spleen and pancreas," he said. Tatum hit him "Randy, you goon! Fuck! I'm trying to eat here," she said. "She's getting mad, all right? You better liver alone," Stu said laughing at his own joke. Sidney got up and said goodbye before walking off. "Liver alone!" Stu continues to laugh until Billy hits him. "Liv-- ow! Liver alone. It was a joke," Stu said. "You're an idiot, Stu," I said.

After school, I had volleyball practice. Billy had met me at my locker "I'll see you after practice?" He said leaning on the lockers. "No, I'm actually going over to Tatum's tonight. Sidney is going to be staying over there since her dad is out of town. We decided to have a girl's night once Tatum is done with Cheer practice," I told him. "Okay, well maybe I'll stay over tomorrow," He said pulling me to him after I closed my locker. "Maybe," I said smiling. He leaned down and kissed me before walking me to the gym. He gave me another kiss before he walked away and I walked into the gym.

After practice was finished I went to find Tatum. "Hey, did you call Sid?" I asked. "Yeah, practice is running late," she said. "Okay, I'll ask one of the girls to drop me off at her house and wait there with her," I told her. "Okay, I'll call and let her know you're on the over," Tatum told me. I nodded and found one of the girls on my team that lived near Sidney. "Hey, Erin!" I yelled running over to her. "Hey, y/n! What's up?" She asked. "Could you drop me off at Sidney's?" I asked her. "Yeah, sure, get in," she said. I walked around the car to the passenger side and got in.