Chapter 3

Principal Nezu took me to class 1-A and quickly dismissed himself to check in on All Might. I watched him scurry down the hall before turning to face the door of the classroom and gave it a brisk knock.

"Door's open," Shouta's voice called from the classroom. I pushed the door open and smiled as soon as I saw Shouta sitting at a desk at the front of the classroom flicking through some paperwork.

"Looks like we might have that catch up earlier than expected," I chimed as I stepped inside the classroom. Shouta glanced up at me from his paperwork with a raised eyebrow.

"I thought you were getting a tour around the place?" He asked.

"Principal Nezu thought it would be a good idea for you to give me the tour and show me the ropes of this place, though if you're busy, I could help you with all that paperwork," I nodded to the stack of papers piled on his desk, "After all, I'm a support teacher for this class for the semester while I get settled in."

"Oh yeah, Nezu did mention I would be having one of the new teachers with me, what about the other new start? Do you know where they're going?" He sat up slightly straighter in his seat and turned to face me while I walked over to the nearest desk and perched myself on the edge, placing my bag on the floor.

"He's going to be in a class with the third years, as well as supporting other classes. But get this, the other new teacher is Toshinori," I announced.

"Toshinori? That the guy that was in the same class as us? The one you used to train with after school?" Shouta's interest piqued as he leaned forward in his seat with a look of surprise.

"The one and only," I nodded before letting out a sigh, "Though, I didn't expect to run into him of all people."

"Sounds like you're not much of a fan," Shouta pointed out, "I thought you two were good friends?"

"We were. Didn't you see how distanced we were during graduation? Or were you asleep for that part?" I smirked at him.

"Hey, with a Quirk like mine, it puts a lot of strain on my eyes. I would have just been resting them, not sleeping," he defended.

"Whatever you say, Shouta," I rolled my eyes with a giggle.

"So, what exactly happened between you two? If you don't mind me asking?" He asked.

"I'm not one for backstories, so I'll just say we had a bit of a disagreement before graduation," I said with a sigh.

"If that's all you want to say about the topic, then we'll leave it at that," Shouta said as he opened the drawer under his desk and pulled out a folder, "While I'm finishing off this paperwork, have a read through the lesson plans for the upcoming semester, if you think there's something missing that may be useful, let me know and I will see where I can add it in," he instructed as he held the folder out to me.

I nodded and pushed myself off the desk, taking a step towards him and retrieving the folder before making my way back to the desk I was perched on and sat down to read through the lesson plans.

About 45 minutes later, I heard Shouta stand up and walk over to my desk, "I'm gonna go grab a coffee, do you want one?" He offered.

"Yes please, here, let me get some money for you," I said as I leaned down to grab my bag.

"No need, it's on me," he said sternly.

I looked up at him with a raised eyebrow, "Are you sure? I don't mind paying for mine," I asked.

"If I wasn't sure I wouldn't have asked, so don't worry about paying me for it. If it bothers you that much, you can buy the next one," he said.

I sat back up in my seat and smiled softly at him, "Okay, I'll buy the next one. Just a normal coffee with two sugars and milk please."