Gene Clark and Gram Parsons #4

Quick Mention: Okay so, Gram and Gene are both appearing in this story. But, they aren't together nor, are they meeting each other.

The burning orange moon peaked through the blinds. It woke you up, with a sudden jerk. Yet, the feeling came at you quick.

He's gone. And he's never coming back

You see, just days prior Gene. The love of your life. Just up and left you, without a word, you learned He joined a folk band in California, with some other boys calling themselves "The Byrds"

You knew, his music lifestyle wasn't something you wanted, but, was willing to sacrifice your joy for his, knowing it was the only thing that would make him stay. Yet, even then he didn't.

You felt yourself cry, the tears slipping from your eyes onto your pillow and sheets. You couldn't help but, cry. And think about the things you lost, the one thing you longed for your entire life.

The pain couldn't stop, you sobbed until your eyesight began to blur. You shook your head, choking back the tears.

A soft knock hit the door

"Y/N" a soft, haunting voice spoke through the door

"Yes?" You sniffled

"Its everything,alright- its me, Gram" he spoke, his voice spoke with honesty and warmth

"Just come in" you say, he does and comes right to your bed side.

"I know, hes gone- and I know how you feel. Cause of Nancy and all" he says, he laughs it off, even though that wound was surely open

"I just can't believe it- why did he do this?" You say

Gram shakes his head, his long brown locks shifting around his broad shoulders.

"Well, I can't say- but, it'll get better and if your ever feelin' lonesome. You know I'll be around" he says warmly, he patted your knee with his hand as he walked out and closed the door behind me

Leaving you, with some advice and hope for tomorrow. Knowing maybe, just maybe. Itll be alright.