Scene 3 What to wait for?

Omniscient narrator
"Does it taste good?" asks Yu sweetly, looking at Sam, who is sitting across from him, in love.

"Always. Every time. Mhmmm.", Sam grumbles with a grin, making Yu laugh. Gleefully, he chuckles to himself for a long time.

Sam's cheek muscles are already aching because all he can do is smile widly at the sight of Yu giggling to himself.

He shakes his head and Yu responds by punching Sam's arm. The latter laughs out loud and shakes his head all the more violently.

Out of nowhere, a loud, childish laugh resounds in Sam's kitchen.

They give each other a cheeky look and slowly calm down.

"Idiot. Do you like the food?", Yu finally counters. Sam smiles and nods, "It tastes good. Thanks."

A sheepish silence arises between them. Both of them are surprised to feel the shame rising inside them.

After all the shamelessness, their shyness amazes them.

They both surrender to the feeling that has arisen.

Silently.

"So we have to go to Jiang's tonight," Sam tries to build a conversation.

They just got together.
And lost themselves in each other.
There's so much to think about.
But they both don't want to right now.
But Sam decides to open a door for them.

"I get all excited thinking about the shoot," Sam confesses, his eyes wide and adorable.

"Me too," Yu smirks.

"We should move in together before we start. My bed is way too small. I want to pick out a new one with you," Sam says sincerely.

Yu looks at him.
He can't believe what he's hearing.
And Sam says it with such conviction.
How is he supposed to respond to that?
It's not like he doubts his love for Sam.
He just doubts that everything is really real.
He knows, too, that there's still so much to diskuss.
So many dangers and hurdles.
He just can't allow himself to give in to such a dream.
And now he just doesn't know what to say.

Sam sees his Yu's deep thoughts.

"What are you afraid of?" asks Sam cautiously.

"That we'll suddenly wake up and it was all a dream," Yu answers directly, marveling at his own truth.

"I feel you. We've just been through it before. Had to wake up from a dream before. The feeling is still floating inside us.", Sam surprises Yu with his truth.

"But I know we're not dreaming now. It's real and it's in our hands. What are we waiting for?" argues Sam stunningly confident.

And Yu looks back at Sam.

His eyes roam over every detail of his face.

His hair, his neck, his stature.

He allows himself a brief glimpse into his fantasy.

A shared apartment.

Where he keeps his most precious single piece with him at all times.

His Sam, aesthetically perfect inside and out.
His home.
Yu's face blossoms and beams with a smile.

"Let's wait and see how the evening goes first. What news there is. What the plans are.", Yu procrastinates.

And he sees the disappointment in Sam's eyes for a moment that flits by.