Gold Enchantment

It was one of those days, your parents bicker back and forth with enrage arguments, it makes you sad that your own parents are falling apart.Nothing you can do to even fix it.

Feeling like your going to cry you pull out a tablet and pick a Disney movie, it was your favorite one, headphones on you curl up in your blanket and watch your movie;(F/Disney movie).

However it did not last forever, for once you got to the good parts of the movie, the car stops as your door opens up by a elderly lady.

"My little plum how are you--?" She was going to hug you but stops to see you were watching a movie, she curiously looks over your shoulder as it continues on "I see my little plum like disney movies, did you know that I am a big fan as well?"

That got your sadden mood to vanish, a glimmer of joy in your eyes "Really?"

"Why yes!Come!I will show you-!"

"Mother she is not a baby no more.." you look down sadly as your father picks you up, soon snatching your tablet from you, then face the elderly  woman with seriousness "..she needs to learn to face reality then dream false fairytales."

You didn't expect to be snatched out of your fathers arms into wrinkly ones, not long she snaps back "She is not a adult Ben!She is still a babe so let her enjoy this moment then ruin it!Let her live with no regrets!"

That made you smile, she was not like your parents, soon it got better due to her starring deep into his soul until he  shrug his shoulders and walks off.Possibly to go unpack.

You immediately hug her "T-Thank you..!"

She smiles a soft one "You are welcome dear." Not long she walks off with you in her arms, soon inside you spy a movie case, she puts you down "Go ahead, do not be scared dear."

You did as told and with hesitant steps you look in to see tons of, not just adult movies, but all the Disney movies you can dream of!Looking at all them your grandma soon starts up the T.V, immediately you pick a random movie and watch it with her.The movie you pick was 'The Lion King' and once a while you find yourself singing along as she claps and hums it to herself.

"It seems you two are having fun?"

That smile you had fades as your mother comes in, soon she switch it off and sets it up on a boring news channel.

Your grandma huffs "Now why in the world did you do that for?Can't you see we were watching that?!"

Mother nods "Yes I did, but it isn't good for her-."

"What is not good for who?"

Jumping up you ran like sonic to the other elder in the room, smiling at her with joy "Grandmama!"

"Grandmother!You should be in bed-!"

"Not until we solve this problem I won't." Grandmother took her time, you following her like a lost puppy, soon she changed the channel to your paused disney movie "There we go.Now, what were you saying dear?"

You mother huffs as your grandma stood up in victory, knowing she had her own mother on her side then her sons wife a.k.a daughter-in-law.

"You know that I hate her watching this stuff it's going to-!"

"What?Rot her brain??...My dear my own daughter watch this, even to this age in fact, and she is where she is.There is no wrong in watching what is from your own childhood."

Mother didn't stand down, she kept going "Those are not anything helpful!Just fairytales that will not help her in life!!"

Grandmother nods in agreement "You may be right." But she stood her ground, continuing on "But she is only 7 yes?This is the time for her to enjoy her childhood then have none at all, yet you are wrong on one thing.These movies hold important messages and it seems you have not noticed it at all."

"But grandmother-!"

"No 'buts' in this house, now go and let this child live in peace will you dear?"

You didn't really pay attention to the whole ordeal but your mother storms off and indeeds leaves you alone.For the rest of that time period you, grandma, and your grandmother watch the rest of the movie and more movies after.

°•○•°Time skip to after dinner°•○•°

Teeth brushed and tummy full you went to bed.Your two parents chose to sleep separately so they took the two guests rooms as you took their supposed-to-be bed, it was a really nice big soft bed at that.None of them came up and saide goodnight to you.Not even grandma nor grandmother.

Is this...is this what it will feel like when your parents divorce?It hurts..

Taking a deep breath you whisper a soft "Goodnight.." to yourself, soon turning to your side and close your eyes.

'I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go.~
When all those shadows almost killed your light,
I remember you said don't leave me here alone,
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight.~'

Sitting up you look around.Who?Who was singing??That can't be your mother, she never sings.Sliding out of bed you grab a flashlight and make your way out your bedroom...soon you find yourself up in a dusty pitch black attic.The singing grew as you look around for the source.

'Just close your eyes,
The sun is going down.~
You'll be alright,
No one can hurt you now.~
Come morning light,
You and I'll be safe and sound.~'

You knew you were close but didn't expect to find a dusty old book to be the source of it all.What confused you was that this book was sealed with red and black wax.Sitting down criss sauce apple sauce style you took your time to peel and pick at the mesh of wax.By now you didn't realize that the singing stops.Just as you finish picking off the seal you read the title of the book.

"Land Of Disney..?" You never heard of a title like that before, but since it said Disney, you open it to a random page "What is in-?"

That was when the world you knew was flipped upside down.The pages of the book glows with a enchanting gold as mist like ropes reach out and grab your small form.You couldn't scream or yelp as your immediately pulled in, all that was left was your flashlight and the old mysterious book in your place.