Chapter 6

It's been four days since I walked in on that girl sitting on Mr.Blue's desk. It's Friday now. I've been ignoring Mr.Blue everyday. I can't believe he did that. I feel so ashamed. I can't stop thinking about it. Even as I walked through the bustling halls to the office, these thoughts race through my mind.

I pushed past people absentmindedly as I made my way to see the secretary. I haven't been going to the tutoring like Mr.Blue asked. I don't feel comfortable around him. I'm going to try to switch classes.

I walked into the office nervously. The secretary looked up and smiled.

"Hi, honey. What can I help you with?" She asked kindly.

"Oh, um, can I please have a transfer sheet?"

"Sure." She answered with a smile. She pressed a few keys on her laptop and handed me a piece of paper from the printer right next to the desk in which she sat.

"Thank you." I said as I turned and left.

...

It was the end of the day and I nervously walked to Mr.Blue's classroom. I was going to ask him to sign the transfer papers. This time I knocked on the door.
"Come in." a muffled voice said.

He looked up at me when I walked in. His face lit up.

"Hi, Poppy." He began with a smile "What brings you here?" he said, getting up a little to quickly from his chair.

I smiled. "Oh, um.. Can you please sign this?" I handed him the paper. As his eyes scanned the page, his face dropped.

"You... uh, you want to transfer out of my class." He said with sadness in his voice. He scratched the back of his neck and looked up at me.

"Yeah." I started, pointing at the bottom of the page "All you have to do is sign the bottom. If it's not to much of a problem." Our eyes met.

"I'm sorry." He said, a little flustered. "I can't sign this for you." His light blue eyes shone with seriousness.

"Wait, why not?" I said, folding my arms.

He sighed. "Look, I want you in my class. If your failing, I want to help. You have potential and I can see it. Why don't you want to be in my class?" he said sadly.

I twiddled my fingers nervously. "It's just..." I began, staring at the floor.

"Just what?" He interrupted, desperate.

"I-I don't feel comfortable around you." I began hesitantly. Hurt shone from his eyes. "I don't feel comfortable around anyone really." I added quickly. "And, I think it would be better to have space from you. Especially because the 'events' that have been happening over the last few weeks." I finished, with a twinge of anger in my voice.

"Poppy, I don't know what you think of me, or what your think you saw on Monday," He started, taken aback "but I assure you that I care for you a lot. I'm not letting you leave my class." he stepped closer, reaching for my hands.

I stepped back, pulling my hands away, and took a deep breath. "You wanna play games Mr.Blue? Let's play." I said angrily, taking him off guard.

"What are you talking about?" He began, clearly frustrated "I'm not playing around. I think you're pretty and- and I care about you more than a teacher should. But I can't help it Poppy!" He said desperately "I want to know everything about you, and I want you to care about me too." He reached for my hands again, this time I let him take them. Surges of elecricity prickled down my spine. I looked up at him. "I can't let you leave when the only thing that I'm doing is seeing you even less than I want." His eyes searched my face desperatley for a response.