Chapter 7

It was Monday morning. With a sigh, I got up out of bed. I walked down the hall to the bathroom to get ready. Five minutes later, I walked back into my room and stood in front of the full-length mirror that was decorated with Christmas lights.

I smiled at my reflection. My hair was curled to perfection. I was wearing light-wash high-waisted shorts, a white crop top and a light pink sweater wrapped around my waist. Along with the outfit, I wore white converse and a small lighting bolt necklace.

My makeup was simple. Just some blush, eyeliner, and a light-pink lipstick. I looked so different, I barely recognized myself.

...

I confidently walked through the doors of my school, I was met pleasantly by a blast of AC.

I kept my head up and tried not to look at the floor. As soon as I walked in, all the heads turned towards me. Boys gawked at me. I smiled slightly. I had a feeling today was going to be a good day.

The day surprisingly went by fast. Everyone kept asking if I was new, and by now I was just plain irritated. I walked into social studies and took a seat in the front instead of the back for once.

...

All around school, I heard about this gorgeous new girl. I wondered if she's in my class. I was calling role when my eyes laid upon Poppy's name. I hadn't seen her since Friday after she left.

I just wanted to hold her. To make her feel safe. I pushed the thought away. Maybe I should back off a little. She probably thinks I'm a old creep who stalks her. I just can't keep her out of my mind. I'm a wreck.

Midway through taking role. I looked to the back to see Poppy's seat empty. I finished role, skipping her name.

"Ok class. Today we are going to review-"

"Sir, you missed me." I looked up and saw the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. All of a sudden everyone else in the room was lost in a blur. All I could see was her. She smiled slightly.

She was perfect. So gorgeous. It took me a moment to recognize her. It was Poppy. I stared in disbelief.

"Are you okay Sir...?" she asked, clearly trying not to smile.

I cleared my throat and snapped out of my reverie. "Oh, um yeah!" I said a little too quickly. "Yeah I'm fine." I tried to keep my cool.

"Everyone, turn to page one hundred thirty. Read up to page one-forty." I shifted uncomfortably in my chair. How did she get even prettier? I stole a glance at her, she was looking down and concentrating hard on her work. For the rest of class, I stared at her, observing her beauty like it was a drug.

...

After school I went to Mr.Blue's class for my tutoring. I walked in without knocking and walked into my front seat. I took out my book and started to study.

Three minutes later, I heard the door open. Mr.Blue walked in and smiled.

"Oh, Poppy! You're here." He smiled. He looked nervous.

"Yeah. I care about my grade in this class." I said, looking up. He chuckled lightly pulling, walked over and pulled a chair next to mine. He sat down comfortably, though his shoulders looked tense.

"I uh... really like your hair." he said, blushing and scratching the back of his neck.

"Thanks." I said with a smile. I bit my lip. He looked so cute. His hair was parted perfectly and his style was lazy, but breathtaking. His muscles showed slightly through his shirt, like a tease- Wait, what am I doing?! He's a teacher! What's wrong with me?!
I forced the tempting thoughts away.