𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

❛ ── chapter zero
THEY'RE NEVER REALLY GONE.

 ❜

          𝐉𝐎𝐎 𝐒𝐄𝐎𝐊-𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘, her face pale and completely drained of color. Her frail body evident, and all he could think about was how cold she was laying there.

But if you saw pass it all, Jang Yuna just looked as if she were sleeping. Sleeping without a worry in the world── sleeping peacefully.

A hand placed itself on his shoulder, snapping the boy out of his trance. Slowly cranking his head towards the figure, he was greeted with the warm smile of his mother.

Shim Su-Ryeon was almost taken aback at the appearance of her son, his hair was unkept and sticking out in numerous places, his eyes swollen and puffy from endless nights of crying, his sunken cheeks, and his messy attire. He had almost looked worse than the dead girl herself.

" She's in a better place now. She had been suffering for so long, she finally gets to rest in peace. " The boy remained unresponsive as he continued staring at the girl, usually he'd lash out at her or push her away, but he was too numb to care── too tired.

" Go away. " He managed to choke out, his tone soft as his voice kept breaking. He had tried his best to not breakdown then and there, but every passing second made it more difficult to achieve his goal.

" It's okay to cry, Seok-Hoon. You don't have to hold it all in. " Her tender and caring voice spoke, and that was all it took to tip him off the edge. Tears began falling from his eyes, they poured out like a river. He crouched down and sobbed into his own jeans, trying his best to mask out any sound in hopes he wouldn't draw the attention of anyone around him.

The mother crouched down beside him as she began consoling his son. Loosing someone you loved was always a heartbreaking moment for anyone and the best she could for now was to be next to him.

" You know, a wise person once told me that the one's you loose are never really gone. " She began as Seok-Hoon slightly calmed down. " They leave a mark on the people they meet, and those marks will forever influence a person's actions── no matter how big or small they are. " The boy looked up at her, his tear stained cheeks adding to his dull appearance. " As long as you remember her, she'll always be in your heart. "

He attempted to scoff, the ends of his lips curling upwards. " Who came up with such a cheesy saying? " The woman gave him a soft smile, standing up offering his a hand.

" Someone who had a heart of gold. "

Glancing back at the girl, Seok-Hoon held onto her hand one last time. It was cold. There wasn't the warmth he loved so much, the tender touch he longed for ever since she died.

" You're cold aren't you? " He started sobbing again, " you don't like it when it's cold. "

Seok-Hoon hoped she would suddenly open her eyes, telling him everything was a prank and that she was never diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. But it was impossible, an incredibly far-fetched 'what if.'

She still looked beautiful. White lilies surrounded her as her hands remained clasped together. But Yuna had always hated lilies, they were always there whenever someone died, wishing them a fresh life and rebirth.

The boy pulled the bunch of flowers from his shirt pocket, thankfully they were still in pristine condition. He placed the small bouquet in her hands, a final tribute from him.

He hesitantly turned around and threaded out the church, his mother wrapping and arm around him as she escorted him back to the car.

" Daffodils were her favorite flower, " he suddenly acknowledged. Su-Ryeon nodded, her heels clicking against the marble flooring.

" And why is that? "

" Because they meant new beginnings. "

# 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒 ! ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

felt a little mean and decided to write a sad seok-hoon story. because as if his life wasn't tough enough amirite :D please vote !