𝐬𝐢𝐱. dancing in the rain

❛ ── chapter six
DANCING IN THE RAIN.

 ❜

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘 𝐁𝐔𝐓𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐎𝐊-𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐍, itching for him to start the video.

He sighs, Seok-Hoon had promised himself that he'd limit the amount of times he sought out for either the journal or a recording. But it had always been at the back of his head, forcing the boy to think about it more than he'd like.

Finally, he gives into the temptation and hits the spacebar, starting the video. He just needed to see her face and hear her voice. Seok-Hoon is afraid if he goes too long without it, he'd forget how she looked entirely, and he didn't want that.

The first thing he hears is the pouring rain before a dimly-lit road begins to come into view. It's grainy and poorly shot but Joo Seok-Hoon knows this memory all too well, as he doesn't treasure it in just his head, but his heart too.

          𝐘𝐔𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑, her hair sticking to her face as her dress clings to her body from the rain.

" Yuna! What are you doing? It's raining heavily right now, you're going to catch a cold! " Seok-Hoon shouts through the downpour, getting out of the car, getting his suit and hair wet in the process.

" Who cares! I've already been diagnosed with lung cancer, what's a little rain going to do to me? " She yells giddily. Seok-Hoon almost wants to smile at her cuteness, but a part of him reminds him about how sad it actually meant, and so he doesn't.

Knocking on the driver seat window and tapping on the glass, asking for their driver to turn up the music. He nods and obeys, tuning up the volume to the max and winding down the windows for the music to be able to blast.

And just like fate had wanted it too, an old jazz song had begun playing. Yuna smiles as she grabs both of Seok-Hoon's wrists and tugs him further away from the vehicle.

" Yuna, we should really get back── "

" Hush Seok-Hoon. And enjoy the moment, alright? " She tilted her head back, feeling each droplet as it hit her skin.