𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞. a forest fairy's home

❛ ── chapter five
A FOREST FAIRY'S HOME.

 ❜

          𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄, the older woman having to crouch down due to how tiny she was.

Hera Palace, Yuna's parents had told her all about it. It was the most luxurious place in all Korea to live in, and that the owner had given them a special invitation to live there.

But at first glance right away, the young girl hadn't seen the hype around it at all. It looked similar to those hotels she stayed in when she was abroad.

Their family came face-to-face with the Joo's, who were standing so picture-perfectly Yuna wondered if there were cameras around.

" Joo Dan-Tae, how long has it been? " Her father chuckles and they both exchange a handshake.

" It's good to see you too, " the owner smiles, his forehead wrinkling. " This is my wife, Shim Su-Ryeon. And my two children, Joo Seok-Hoon and Joo Seok-Kyung. " He gestures to each of them.

Su-Ryeon was the first to introduce themselves, " hello. It's wonderful to have you here, Dan-Tae talks a lot about you. " Yuna instantly takes a liking towards her, she likes her warm smile and charismatic aura. " Kids, why don't you introduce yourselves? "

She glances between the two of them, they were both around her age. The girl stood in front of her father, his arm around her shoulder as the boy stood in front of her mother, her hand placed on his back.

" Hi, I'm Joo Seok-Kyung. Nice to meet you. " One of the twins say curtly.

" Oh, ah, nice to meet you too! My name is Jang Yuna and I'm two-years-old. " She replies enthusiastically as she waves at her, the frilly ends of her sleeve swaying.

The adults laugh as they anticipate to watch the first interaction between the other twin and the Jang girl.

Seok-Hoon doesn't immediately introduce himself, instead, he tugs at her mother's skirt. The woman perks up and bends so that the boy could whisper into her ear.

" She looks like one of those forest fairies we read about. " He tells her, and Su-Ryeon guesses it's because of her olive green dress and fair skin that was contrasted by her dark hair and eyes.

" Seok-Hoon, you can't call her that, she has a name. " She leniently scolds. Standing back up, the woman turns her son towards the clueless girl. " Introduce yourself properly, alright? "

There's a moment of pause before the boy mimics her dad and extends an arm at her. " Hello, I'm Joo Seok-Hoon. " Yuna takes his hand hesitantly and shakes it before pulling it towards her and bringing him into a hug.

" Pleased to meet you Seok-Hoon! I hope we can be great friends! I brought lots of toys with me, so you can come over whenever you want to play with them! " The girl giggles, as he tenses up.

It takes him awhile to grasp what is happening, but once he does, the boy slowly places his arms around her. Reciprocating her hug.

Seok-Hoon takes in her scent, she smells faintly of lavender and oak. She lets go and hurriedly runs behind her mother, slightly peeking out as she holds a clump of her pants fabric.

But not before he catches how her eyes aren't just a dirt brown color, but more of a deep dark amber.

" Oh my, is my baby feeling shy now? " Yuna's mother teasingly asks as she shakes her head vigorously, but still refuses to leave her temporary hiding spot.

And that's when Joo Seok-Hoon decides, Jang Yuna is exactly like a forest fairy.

𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐎𝐊-𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐍,

Do you remember, when we were young, you used to call me forest fairy? I absolutely hated it growing up, you'd use that name to tease me all the time.

But now thinking back at it, I realize I don't actually dislike it that much. It's pretty cute. They have wings that take them anywhere, and they leave trails of pixie dust behind, allowing them to exist more than a mere fantasy.

I'd want to be a forest fairy in my next life. So that you could be the forest, that way, I'll have more than one reason to call you home.

Forever yours,
Yuna. ( forest fairy ) <3

# 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒 ! ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

i don't think i've made a better sentence than the last one, but shorter chapter. i want to make some of these chapters just entries from her journal, would that be too short ? please vote !