10. The Final Battle

A griffin was returning from its scout. It screeched at Peter and Oreius, who were standing at the frontline below. It then flew by Edmund, Mr. Beaver, and Linnea, who were placed on top of the hill with the archers. Linnea nodded at the griffin, letting him know they got the message. Jadis' army was drawing near.

She glanced at Edmund, who was already looking at her. She grabbed his hand. They shared a comforting smile before a fanfare was heard. The kids stiffened when they saw the witch's army appear before them.

Seeing the number of opponents, made Peter nervous. He turned in his saddle to look at his brother, who responded with an encouraging nod.

After a few seconds, Peter drew his sword as another fanfare was heard and their army cheered behind him.

After a roar from a minotaur, the witch's army charged. Peter, however, kept his sword raised. Aslans army got more nervous by the second as they anxiously waited for the king's command.

Edmund drew his sword, while Linnea tightened her grip on her bow.

Down below, Peter made a signal with his sword. Linnea looked knowingly to the sky behind her, to see their army of griffins take off.

"Wuah!", Mr. Beaver yelled, as if trying to add to the epicness.

The girl watched with confidence as the griffins dropped boulders on their opponents, taking down a good bunch of them.

Once the griffins were done, it was time for Peter's army to charge.

"Are you with me?"

She looked at Edmund who was looking at her with worry. She smiled softly before saying; "To the death"

"FOR NARNIA! AND FOR ASLAN!", they heard Peter yell, which was followed by roars and battle cries as their army charged.

Linnea and Edmund stood on the hill, dramatically watching Peter lead their army into battle.

For a few seconds, it was like time itself had slowed down.

Linnea let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, just before the two armies clashed.

Peter's army fought as hard as they could, but the witch was gaining the upper hand. Edmund and Linnea shared a look. The girl nodded and stretched an arrow, waiting for Edmund's signal.

He waited a few seconds before yelling; "Fire!"

At his command, the girl fired her arrow. It was flying for a few seconds before erupting mid-air to reveal a phoenix. The majestic bird burst into flames and created a wall of fire between the witch and Peter.

"Yes!", Mr. Beaver said proudly to his daughter

A few Narnians cheered triumphantly. But their victory was cut short when Jadis used her magic to put the fire out.

"No!", Linnea cried.

Peter looked up at Edmund. They'd have to start the next phase sooner than they thought.

"Fall back! Draw them to the rock!", Peter called out.

Another fanfare sounded, telling the archers to get in position.

"That's the signal! Come on!", Mr. Beaver yelled.

While Peter's army was making their way to the cliffs, with the witch's army hot on their tails, all archers were getting into position.

After few seconds, Edmund raised his sword, telling the archers to aim.

They held their fires until the armies were close. Edmund's sword was lowered to the ground, and hundreds of arrows were shot into the sky.