Spring Trap

It’s been so long since I’ve seen the outside world.

I looked down at my rusted hand. It was decayed and torn. I probably looked like a monster.

My memories were foggy too. I couldn’t even remember my own name. But now, I was finally returning. They had brought me to an old building. They called me Spring Trap.

I was alone in this place. As I looked around, there were parts and pieces from old animatronics like me. It was a sad sight.

“What happened?” I asked to myself.

“They scrapped them all.” A voice said.

I turned around to the voice. Standing there was what looked like some sort of puppet.

“Who are you?” I asked.

“I am the ghost of the puppet animatronic.” It answered.

His voice sounded like a child, yet tired, as if it had been around a long time. He also looked sad, very sad.

“Can you explain everything to me?” I asked.

He nodded.

“It’s a very long story, so pay attention, because I don’t like to repeat myself.”

He then began to tell me a long and sad story.

“It began in 1987. Me and several of my friends were murdered and stuffed into the animatronic costumes. Our spirits simply never left. We all took possession of the animatronics.” The puppet explained.

I nodded to show that I was listening.

“We started off by trying to kill the night guards. But that all changed when we met…Mike Schmidt.” He continued.

Mike Schmidt. Something about that name sounded familiar.

“Mike befriended us after that. He saved my life more than once as well.” Puppet added. “But a few years ago, Freddy Fazbear’s closed for good. Now here we are at this horror attraction.”

“Horror attraction?” I asked.

“Yes, they built this as a tribute to Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria.” Puppet answered.

“So, what am I here for?” I asked.

“To scare the people.” Puppet answered.

“I can’t do that.” I replied.

“I figured that you’d say that, so I’ll help you.” Puppet stated.

He suddenly phased his hand into me. I began to shake and move uncontrollably. What was he doing?

“I’m sorry, but it must be done!” The puppet said while laughing maniacally.

He then pulled something from my chest. It was a blue orb.

“What did you do?” I asked.

“I simply pulled out the light side of your soul. Now your dark side will take over.” He answered.

I suddenly felt my entire being going dark. This puppet must’ve been evil. I wanted to kill him! And any others like him.

“You all can come out now!” Puppet yelled.

Suddenly, a bear, chicken, fox, and little Boy holding Balloons appeared. They all appeared worn down and creepy.

“Now that we have the help of Spring Trap, we can kill someone and they’ll close down the place and we’ll be free!” Puppet announced proudly.

The others looked excited.

I began to laugh evilly. Puppet turned to look at me.

“I may kill someone, and it may close the building, but I won’t let any of you out of here alive either!” I yelled.

They all backed up and disappeared. I continued to laugh evilly.