Chapter 5

Maddox's POV

My phone keeps ringing in my packet but i keep ignoring it. It's been a month, a fucking MONTH and we are still just coexisting. She won't let me walk Angel to class.

She only speaks to me when it's absolutely necessary and she practically walks right through me when we do something as a group.

My phone rings again. Why won't they leave me the fuck alone. I tap the bar "another." The bartender nods getting me another beer. I tried talking to her today but it was like talking to a wall.

"This is the last one." He says handing it to me. I slam a hundred dollars on the bar "don't stop." He takes the money smiling. "Sure boss." My phone rings again. I groan getting it. "What?"

"Where are you? I have been calling you for the past 4 hours. You were supposed to come to Barb's for dinner at 7 but you never showed up."

Jake practically yells over the phone. "Im 25 Jake i think i can look after myself. I didn't feel like sitting seating through a dinner where Olive keeps flirting and Marly ignores me."

He stayed quiet for a minute "are you drunk?" I groan "no just leave me the fuck alone." I hang up and chug down my beer. "Another" the bartender gets me a beer every time i asked for one.

♾♾♾Maddox's drunk mind.♾♾♾

I walk outside but i don't see my bike. "Wait did i bring my bike or car?" I looked around but i have no idea. "Angel" i grab my phone 2:37am.

Wait shouldn't i be at school? It's almost 3 so they are almost out anyway. I shrug and call Angel. She doesn't answer.

Is she with Kent?

I call again and was about to hang up when she picks up. "Mr. King what do you want?" She sounds sleepy. "You know everything, did i bring my motorcycle or my car?"

I hear noise on the other side. "What are you talking about?"

I groan "Angel you have to hurry before they steal it." She sighs. "Maddox are you drunk?" I groan and bummed into some guy. "Wash it." He says over his shoulder still walking. "Hey w-what's your problem?!" I yell so he stops.

"Maddox, Maddox please stop. what are you doing?" I can hear Angel's voice in my head. "You are drunk man, just leave." The guy shakes his head. I scoff "who are you my mama? Mind your own business!" I yell at him.

"Mad give him the phone now!" Marly yells in my head. The guy walks to me fuming with anger. He was going to say something but i shush him. "Shhhh listen" i point at my head. "My Angel wants you to have my phone." I hand my phone to him making him frown.

"Use it." I put his hand by his ear. He steps away from me. "Hello?" He nods "Carlos Torres, yes his drunk and alone." He looks around.

"Yeah the red and black bike is here." I frown looking for it but i can't see it. "The night owl." He smirks "$500?" He looks at me and shrug. "I can do that."

He hands me the phone "Marly wants to talk to you." I snatch the phone from his hand. "She is MINE!" I yell at him bringing the phone to my ear. "And im married with a 1 year old so you keep her." He shrugs.

"Maddox stay with Carlos. I will be there in 15 minutes. Please stay with him....for me." She hangs up.

I nod then frown. "Who's Carlos?" The guy next to me waves. "Im Carlos." i point at him. "H-how do you know Angel?" He laughs. "How did they let you get so drunk?" I smirk. "I bribed the bartender." He nods "good one."

We kept talking but he never told me how he knows Angel.

She pulls in looking pissed. "Are you Carlos?" He nods "here." She hands him 500 dollars. "She paid you to hang out? Ouch." He laughs walking away.