chapter 1- the new bride of the emperor

Hello guys... Let's peep in.....

The whole of mughal sutanate was divided into two divisions one praising the emperor for his victory over the kingdom of amer.... And the second one where the gossips spread like a forest fire about not ordering the change of religion for his new bride.... So was the mughal harem.....
*In the mughal harem*
All the wives of akbar were discussing about the new bride of the emperor, how the emperor agreed to all her conditions including allowance to worship her own God nd follow the customs.... That is when a khwajasara ran into a chamber which is near the pool...
"Mallika-e-begum!! Mallika-e-begum!?the informer said that the emperor, his new wife along with his troop are all set to enter the gates of the palace anytime soon.."
A lady was sitting in front of the dressing table getting ready for the welcoming of the new bride into the harem(that is none other than ruqaiya herself).,..
"Gul, then what are u looking at?? Let's go to the entrance of the harem to welcome the new bride" She said smiling to her...
"Also make sure that all other begums of Badshah salamat is also present along with Mallika-e-azam"....
After some time the marching sound of the army was heard all over the harem.... A soldier announced the arrival of the emperor with his newly wed wife....

All the ladies were ready waiting at the gate to welcome the emperor nd his wife... Ppl in attendance were hamida bano, bakshi bano, ruqaiya, salima along with rahim...

Shehanshah and harkha begum walked through the gates of the palace and reached harem....

Upon his arrival all the women bent their heads to give salam to the emperor.... To which the emperor responded with the same gracefullness...

First to speak was hamida bano, "welcome, my dear son, thank God this time also the victory is yours....may your victory lasts longer..."
"Thank u ammi jaan....its because of the dua of u and the ppl that make me victorious every time..." He said giving a glance at ruqaiya who smiled at response....
"Ammi jaan u welcome my brother everytime when he comes from wars....now let me welcome the new bride of our shehenshah..."bakshi bano smiled at harkha begum who was under her veil....
Hamida bano nodded.,..." We welcome you with a whole heart harkha begum.... I m so happy to see you.... "Said bakshi innocently lifting the ghoonghat of harkha begum nd hugged her....
And the new bride Reprociated with a smile.....
She continued by introducing everyone.... " Bhaabi jaan, hum Shehensha ka behen hai.... Humari naam bakshi bano hai.... Aur yeh hai humari ammi jaan, mallika-e-azam hamida bano"she said pointing towards hamida bano to which harkha begum folded her hand nd touched her feet with respect....
"Aur yeh hai mughal sultanat ki padhshahi begum aur Shehensha ka pehli begum, begum Ruqaiya sultan" She said pointing to Ruqaiya who stood there with utmost grace with a smile in her lips..... When harkha begum saw her she could feel, why she was the queen of the emperor's heart.... She joined her hands nd said "pranap! " To which Ruqaiya replied with a nod " Welcome, harkha begum! "..... Then bakshi continued by introducing her further to salima begum, bibi anga, gulabdan begum and many more wives of the emperor.....
In the mid the emperor had to retire to his royal duties and taken a leave from there to his own chamber where the ministers are waiting for him to discuss a political issue....
*in harkha begum's chamber*
Everything was set nd she also completed her pooja for her kanha ji, that's when the soldier at the entrance announces the arrival of Ruqaiya and salima begum....
Harkha begum welcomed them and they all sat together in her chamber, that's when she offered the prasad to Ruqaiya, to which she replied that eating the sweet that has some other name other than the Almighty Allah is haram for us, so she can't take it, to which harkha begum felt sad, then Ruqaiya came with an idea, "haan hum prasad ko nahi le sakte hain, lekin aapki thaali ka phool hum le sakte hain", she takes the flower in her hand.... Nd the same goes with salima begum too....
Then salima started by saying, " Hum samajhte hain ki aap pehli baar kisi mughal harem mein hain, aur aap yahaan rehne wali bhi hai, isiliye thoda sa waqt lage ga aapko yahaan ki kaam ko sambaalne mein, harem ki niyamon ko samaj ne mein, aur boht zaroori baar Shehensha ki baaki begumath ke saath rehne mein" She said with a concern in her face.... To which harkha nodded and said, " Ji, humein bhi yahi lagta hai,ki thoda sa samay lagega, yahan ki baaton ko samajhne mein".... Then Ruqaiya said, "yahan aapki koi kami nahi hogi, naa hi koi aapse ungliyaan utaayega kii aap ek Rajvanshi hai, aur hum iss baat ko boht yakeen ke saath keh sahtein hain, agar yesa kuch masla hain jo aapko pareshaan kar raha hai phir aap humse kahiyega! ", she smiled by keeping her hand above harkha's hand, " Aaj ke baad aap ki har ek kaam aur soch mughal sultanat ki shaan aur maan ko aage badane ke liye hona chahiye,, kyunki woh ek Shehensha ke begum ki farz banti hai"to which harkha nodded with admiration for Ruqaiya in her eyes. ... Because before coming here she thought of her to be a rude person(probably becoz of maham's words abt Ruqaiya). "Aur rahe baat aaj ki, aaj shaam ko ek jashn hain mehal mein, Shehensha ki wapas aane pe aur aapki aane pe Sare agra khushiyon se chamak raha hain, zaroor aayiyega" Ruqaiya said, "aur ek baat hain jo hum aapse kehne chahte hain, wo---" She was interrupted by a crying call, " Gustakhi maaf ho mallika-e-begum", "gul yeh kya hain, yesa kya masla the, ki tum bina ijaazat liye andhar aayi ho? " Ruqaiya shouted in anger.... "Mallika-e-begum, Shehensha had called you to his chamber immediately to discuss some important political issue" Gul said bowing her head.... Ruqaiya nooded in a yes nd turned to the ladies wit her saying that she will see them in evening nd left from there...
Salima then told harkha about the rules of the harem, and then said, "begum ruqaiya and the emperor's relationship is very special....u know shehensha do not take any decision both for the state nd the family without consulting her.....she is also very caring for him nd his family....Harkha begum, you know what, she is very much loyal to the sultanate nd the emperor that she also welcomes his other wives with open arms.... That's the specialty of Ruqaiya begum" Harkha nodded in response "even I am amused by her quality, hw she speaks with her pati's other wives so normally, I really admire u both salima begum-"
"Ammi jaan" an innocent voice interrupted her, she looked down to see a small innocent boy standing in front of her... "Are yeh balak kaun hai, salima begum? "She asked. " Yeh humari beta hai harkha begum, iska naam rahim hai"
Salima replied.
Rahim jumped on salima's lap and asked her, "ammijaan, where is badi ammi? I hve not seen her since morning" Just then he gave a glance at harkha continuing, "who is she ammi? I have not seen here in this mehal before! "." Putr rahim hum bhi aapki ammi hain, aaj se aap humein choti ammijaan pukariye, samajhein aap? " Rahim smiled nd looked at salima who nodded in response. "Ok choti ammijaan! " He said jumping onto her lap, as a result both ladies giggled seeing the innocence of the small kid.

While the gossiping queens of the harem were discussing, "tumhe kya lagta hain naziya, kya yeh nayi begum Ruqaiya sultan ki jagah legi!? " Said one wife of the emperor. "Not only for you shehnaaz begum, everyone in both harem nd the mehal thinks the same" To which both laughed....

So nw what do u think is the political issue that the emperor had called his wife for!? Pls do tell it in ur comments as they r valuable for me...
Don't forget to vote guys....