chapter 8: love is in the air😉

While ruqaiya was midst chaos nd confusion.... In amer harkha was successful in her plans too....

After the welcoming ceremony, maham introduced everyone in the emperor's family to harkha 's mother as they did not see them in the wedding.... She introduces hamida bano as mallik-e-azam nd then comes to salima begum nd says, "yeh hai shehensha ke dusre begum, begum salima sultan! " Salima wishes her, "adhaab" Harkha's mother too with a shock says, "ji,pranap " All the ladies gathered there talks among themselves.....
Salima says, "what happened harkha begum? "
Harkha was also silent.... Maham took this opportunity says, "salima begum, I think they do not know that shehensha also has other wives..... Hain na harkha begum? "
Harkha's mother answered, "nahi... Nothing like that"
Maham says, "leave it, the emperor has many wives.... "
And when everyone left from there, harkha was left with her mother, nd they share some emotional feelings to each other.... Her mother says that, "hw will u survive with all his wives there? "
She replies, "I ll sure make a place for myself in his heart masa! "

As the engagement processions are taking place she was successful in wht she thought...

She becomes quite close with the emperor than before.... He also likes her witty replies.... Her parents were also happy with their daughter being happy in her new found home.....

But things were not it seems in agra.... Ruqaiya after knowing all the things behind her back was worrying a lot about the future of the empire..... "Hw will i know about wht is in her heart.... No no.... I can't talk about it to her... " She thought to herself.... Only thing she could do is to pray to her God that whatever the maid said about nazia was false nd nothing else....

Thinking all these it became morning, she offered her morning prayers nd was indulged in her day to day works...

Then gul enters her chamber, "begum sahiba! A good news! "
Ruqaiya was confused, "wht is it? "
Gul replies, "the princess is expecting"
Ruqaiya stared at her for sometime, "the princess? U mean, bakshi bano? "
Gul jumps in excitement, "s my lady"
Ruqaiya's happiness was boundless, "masha allah! Kya baat hai! U ve delivered the best news today! I ll soon send a letter to the emperor about this, sharifuddin is also in amer right? "
Gul hearing his name changed her expression, "s begum sahiba"
Ruqaiya who noticed it said, "Gul, now he is going to become a father he ll surely leave all these habits, tum pareshan mat karo, may Allah show him light in his path"
Gul said, " I too hope the same begum sahiba"
Ruqaiya says, "come, we ll meet the princess"
Gul says, "sure my lady"

In bakshi's chamber
She was seated in her bed with some begums around her... Just then the guard announces ruqaiya's arrival... And she enters the chamber.... Everyone looks at her nd bow their head in adhaab....

She comes near the bed,
Bakshi says, "adhaab bhabhi jaan"
Ruqaiya nods her head, "I m very happy bakshi that u r going to be a mother, everyone will be very happy hearing this.... I ll soon write write a letter to salima begum, to inform the great news to the emperor nd ur husband"
Bakshi cuts in, "nahi, bhabhi jaan, don't inform them in the letter, I myself want to tell them, let them come we ll wait"
Ruqaiya says, "teek hai, as ur wish.... We ll wait until they come then"
She kisses her forehead, "take care"
Ruqaiya leaves from there nd instructs Gul that the kind of protection nd no of servants have to be same like that of nazia's as now both are expecting....

It is evening nd ruqaiya returns to her chamber nd offers her evening prayers and indulges in some paperwork of the empire....

While here in amer, the princess's engagement is completed....
Salima begum while walking through the corridors of the palace saw shehensha sitting beside a pool guarded by two on his both sides, she thought to herself, 'he seemed very happy in the function today nw all of a sudden he is sad'...
She went near him kept her hands on his shoulder before she could tell anything he started, "mujhe pata ta. .. Aap.. " He stopped midway... He realised wht he is speaking, he turned to see salima seeing him with amusement... He signalled the guards to movee far way nd they did so... "Adhaab salima, come, sit here" He said. She nodded nd sat beside him.
There was silence... Salima broke the ice, "wht happened shehensha are u ok? U seem to be lost? "
He replies, "nothing like that i m good... But i think... I think.... "
Salima says, "u miss her"
The emperor's eyes was gone awe with amusement, "hw did u know it" He asked smiling.
Salima replies giving a smile.
He asks, "plz say it, hw did you know that"
She says, "I see ruqaiya in u my king"
The emperor was amused, he asked, "what! I don't get u"
She smiles nd says, "when u r at wars, ruqaiya does all the work, she ll seem to njoy nd be happy but during night she sits like this somewhere lost.... "
The emperor's welled up, "I have no words to xpress wht I feel now"
Salima smiles, "u don't need to xpress... Yeh Ehsaas-e-mohabbat hai! "
He looked at her blushing....
She continues, "now she would be also like u sitting somewhere nd thinking"
The emperor says, "I can't wait to meet her again, I feel something missing here"
Salima replies, "but u seem to njoy the company of ur new begum! Am I not right? " She asked with raised brows.
He simply laughs, "I think I m like that with any of my wife around me... I wanted to not let their pride fall by keeping them away frm me in their maayka... May be I think it was responsibility to do that to my wives because everyone sacrifice themselves for me! "
Salima's eyes welled up with tears, "oh plz, aapne rula diya mujhe! And by the way u r same as how she mentioned to me"
The emperor ,"she knows me really well".. He says, "I think we ll start the journey by tomorrow evening so that we can reach agra before sunrise, it would be safe"
Salima replies, "sure my king".

Hey guys, hw u ll have been doing?
So here is the chappy, plz do share ur views in the cmnt section.... If u like the chapter plz do vote....

Until then be safe,
Always❤