chapter 9: Punishment or justice? 😟

In agra
It was not like any other day in agra...with the chirping of birds near the window of her chamber... Maids were running around in speed as today their queen got up late....
Gul says, "begum sahiba, a letter has come from salima begum" Bowing down with respect.
Ruqaiya who was getting ready had both her hands busy, says, "oh! Keep the letter in the table I ll read once I am ready"
She nods and does so.

Now ruqaiya was decked up beautifully... Nd retires to her daily routine.... Then she holds a discussion with the ministers about the current situation of the state nd wht all to do.... After that she came back to her chamber to offer her afternoon prayers nd saw the letter kept in the table.... She thought to herself , "oh! I forgot it'
She takes the letter nd reads it, it was written that they ll reach agra by anytime tomorrow..... Ruqaiya was happy so much as she is going to meet her family after a long time....

She sent a message to the ministets about it... She goes to see bakshi banu but could not meet her as she was sleeping...

When she returns back she finds nazia waiting for her in her chamber.
Ruqaiya says, " Nazia! I thought to come nd meet u in the evening nd see u came"
Nazia replies, "oh... Hope I did not disturb you... I was feeling bored there"
Ruqaiya says, "no no nothing like that, come sit we ll talk"
Nazia nd ruqaiya sat nd even had their lunch together....
After sometime, nazia starts, "ruqaiya begum, I ve to say something to u, becz u r my nly way"
Ruqaiya was amazed, "wht is it nazia"
Nazia replies, "the child growing in my womb... Does he/she will sit in the the throne..!? "
Ruqaiya says, "what kind of question is this.... First if all is it a question to ask, of course.... Shehensha ka baccha takht me zaroor baithega.... Is pe koi shak nahi hai"
Nazia says, "haan u r right! But my child will not sit in the throne! "
Ruqaiya came in front of her ease position, confused, asks, "why will he not sit? The emperor's child would never do that"
Nazia says, "my child will not be the future emperor because he doesn't have that right! " Tears were welled up.
Ruqaiya was surprised nd she gulped as she thought 'is it true'
Ruqaiya says, "y does it doesn't have a right? Nazia wht r u hiding frm me"
Nazia musters courage but not able to meet the queen's eyes says, "the father of my child is not the emperor"

Ruqaiya's world shattered down into pieces, "do u know wht u r speaking nazia begum"
Nazia cries nd cries...
Ruqaiya stands up from her place, "tell me its not true! "Nd she shouts at her.
Nazia says, " Begum sahiba, u don't want to understand even though u understood.... But this is the truth"

Ruqaiya cries keeping her hand in her mouth, "ya rab! Give me strength to overcome this"
She turns to nazia says, "hw can u do this! Being the emperor's wife hw can u do like this... Bewafaai ki aapne! "
Nazia replies, "the desire of being loved had tied a cloth in my eyes!"
Ruqaiya says, "fazool baatein mat kijiye! Kaun hai woh"
Nazia replies, "if I say his name will u be able to believe me! "
Ruqaiya was amazed, "tell me who is it"
Nazia replies straight looking into her eyes, "he is none other than husband of the shehzaadi"

Ruqaiya sat down in amusement, musters courage says, "u know whom u r talking about.... U ll be punished for this! "
Nazia says, "he is the one my lady, he made me fall in love with him, met me at various places, nd then.... " She was not able to tell anything further...
Ruqaiya asks, "hw could I believe u? "
Nazia replies, "I promise on my child! "
She said keeping her hand on her belly.

Ruqaiya after realisation says, "did he betray u? "
Nazia replies yes between her sobs says, "he promised to talk about this to the emperor at first... But then when guilt striked me I did not meet him.... Nd then I found that I was pregnant....i tried to meet him....but he shunned me away saying that he cannot withstand the wrath of the emperor..."

Ruqaiya says, "by telling this to me.... Wht will u get...don't think I ll leave u like this! "
Nazia replies sitting near ruqaiya, "begum sahiba, I am the emperor's culprit.... As a wife I had been not loyal to him..... Let him punish me for that..... But as a mother I don't want my child to be humiliated in front of this world.... He should know who his father is..... And by doing such a grave mistake sharifuddin should get what he deserves.....! "

Ruqaiya stands up nd says, "phir teekh hai! I ll reveal this to the emperor.... Ch aahe kuch bhi ho aap ko saza aur insaaf doni bhi milega! But be careful tomorrow will be the toughest day to live"

Hey guys.... Hope everyone liked the chapter..... Plz vote if u like it.....

Plz tell ur valuable opinion in the comments as they r valuable fr me....

Hw do u think the emperor is going to take the matter? Will he blindly believe his love Or his family whom he loves a lot?

Stay tuned
Until then
Always ❤